Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th March 2024]

Ok, I hopefully I don't jinx them again but that's a huge win for Villa. If Utd don't get something tomorrow then they're effectively 12 points behind Villa with 11 games to go. This isn't a Utd side that are going to win 11 on the spin so it would take a collapse of spectacular proportions for Villa to drop out of the top 5 and if I had to bet on it, I'd say 5th gets CL this year.

What's the verdict on Liverpool late goal? Was the added time warranted or?
Forest had 2 players booked for time wasting during the 8 mins added and there was also a stoppage for an injury. 100% warranted. I think Forest's biggest complaint was that when the game was stopped for the Konate injury, they were in possession but the ref restarted the game by giving us the ball. What won't get mentioned in any Forest complaints was that in the first half when a Forest player went down while we were on the attack, the ref also restarted the game by giving Forest the ball too.

edit: if you were asking whether the 8 mins added on was warranted, also yes. Forest were time wasting all over the shop - their keeper was down at one point for around 4-5 minutes alone.

Ok, I hopefully I don't jinx them again but that's a huge win for Villa. If Utd don't get something tomorrow then they're effectively 12 points behind Villa with 11 games to go. This isn't a Utd side that are going to win 11 on the spin so it would take a collapse of spectacular proportions for Villa to drop out of the top 5 and if I had to bet on it, I'd say 5th gets CL this year.

We've got a tougher run in then United now and we'll be going hell for leather in the conference league (I hope). We've definitely got some winnable games though. I've pencilled us down for 14 points from the next 11 league games but hopefully I'm undercooking that...

Last edited:
We've got a tougher run in then United now and we'll be going hell for leather in the conference league (I hope). We've definitely got some winnable games though. I've pencilled us down for 14 points from the next 11 league games but hopefully I'm undercooking that...
I think you're naturally being cautious but 14 points could (probably would) be enough. If Utd go at 2 points a game after tomorrow (which is a fair bit better than they have to date), they'd still only hit 66 points, 3 short of the 69 you'd be on with 14 more points.

Back
Top Bottom