Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbow catches back of his leg, he doesn’t go down and doesn’t get it so he has to go down, Salah will miss again

edit : maybe not

Last edited:
Keeper caught him, not enough to go down but you don't go down you don't get a penalty.
I agree with that, and have said before it's a ridiculous issue. In that situation, Jota should have the choice of playing on, or stopping and putting his hand up to ask for a penalty. If the ref decides no penalty, then he loses out. Encourages players to stay on their feet if possible, but also means that you can get a foul even without going over

Got to remember he's running at speed and gets caught, bound to effect his stride/balance.
It's tough - to me it's a foul, but I actually don't think there's enough clarity on what's defined as a foul. Some people seem to think it needs to be enough to take you off your feet, but that can't be right as it basically penalises players with better balance. So once he looks likely to stay upright, is it a foul? Who knows.

To me it's softer than the first pen which was clear. The second pen is certainly debatable and realistically nobody can know but Jota, but on first look I didn't think pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom