Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I have with that despite it benefiting us is Jota clearly takes couple extra strides then goes down almost too delayed

I agree that staying on feet doesn’t benefit attackers if they are fouled at times too etc

It's tough - to me it's a foul, but I actually don't think there's enough clarity on what's defined as a foul. Some people seem to think it needs to be enough to take you off your feet, but that can't be right as it basically penalises players with better balance. So once he looks likely to stay upright, is it a foul? Who knows.

To me it's softer than the first pen which was clear. The second pen is certainly debatable and realistically nobody can know but Jota, but on first look I didn't think pen
Can't argue with that, only thing is surely he just rolls the ball into net if he doesn't go down.

Trent has been interesting tonight. Stuck much more on the right than usual - I wonder whether that was because we were worried about Gordon, or because an overload against Burn on that side was a mismatch, or both

The issue I have with that despite it benefiting us is Jota clearly takes couple extra strides then goes down almost too delayed

I agree that staying on feet doesn’t benefit attackers if they are fouled at times too etc
I’m being a bit rude but I think some of you have terrible TVs or something

His right leg plants -> lifts his left leg - as lifting it his heel is clipped - he then tries to plant left leg to finish the step, can’t and falls

There are no extra strides, the foot hit he never plants successfully again. Clear foul and obvious given he had an easy tap in

I’d you want to watch it closely a few times - https://streamin.me/v/ab0f6251

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom