Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may be a bit sooner, they're hoping to have the director test passed before the end of January, and INEOS are being consulted on all decisions with immediate effect anyway.

You're probably right, but this really can't continue, injuries aside, there's just nothing on the pitch. Nothing.

Nobody has been able to get a tune out of these players because they don't have a tune to sing.

It's just a bunch of poor individuals.

Rashford - useless, mentally devoid
Bruno - selfish, no discipline, impatient and rash.
Garnacho - selfish and singular driven - would work in a functioning team
Antony - selfish and singular driven, one trick.
Eriksen - beyond past anything near his best... Practically useless.
Dalot - average
AWB - average
Evans - ....
McTominay - Energy and rather little else.

I don't know what people expect right now. None of these are any good (bar Garnacho) and yet they're playing week jn week out.

A manager does nothing for this group, it's a product of years of terrible decisions. Thank Woodward, Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher, Ole and Maureen for instilling this absolute calamity.

Last edited:
100% no to interim manager again - lets not start that - didn't work last time and won't work this time.

I think United have to suck it up - accept mid table finish this season, and hopefully allow time over next 3-6 months for the new "part owners" to at least review and start to implement changes/direction going forward.

Sacking the manager "may" come, but right now the first job that the new group don't want is a new manager search.....

Needs to start from the top down.....

Feels horrible to say that "mid table" but that's what we are currently..... Far to many passengers on the pitch and in the club hierarchy. Just dreadful.

Nobody has been able to get a tune out of these players because they don't have a tune to sing.

It's just a bunch of poor individuals.

Rashford - useless, mentally devoid
Bruno - selfish, no discipline, impatient and rash.
Garnacho - selfish and singular driven - would work in a functioning team
Antony - selfish and singular driven, one trick.
Eriksen - beyond past anything near his best... Practically useless.
Dalot - average
AWB - average
Evans - ....
McTominay - Energy and rather little else.

I don't know what people expect right now. None of these are any good (bar Garnacho) and yet they're playing week jn week out.

A manager does nothing for this group, it's a product of years of terrible decisions. Thank Woodward, Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher, Ole and Maureen for instilling this absolute calamity.

Agree with pretty much everything here - Garnacho I have no issue with. Don't mind Dalot/AWB but the rest I agree 100%....

A mess from top to bottom.

Missed the game as I was at the local pantomime which was pretty awful but probably better than the half the cast at the City Ground tonight. Insane to expect anything different really but you always hope. United need to make some statement decisions and clear out some high profile players. They clearly can't string two halves of football together let alone a sequence of results. Accepting that there is no current alternative to ten Hag but you do have to question why he can't get 11 players on the pitch that can at least look like a team.

ETH has lost 14 games out of 28 this season. If that isnt a reason to sacking the fella ontop of him spending half a billion on dross then there never will be. As for alternatives...anyone who doesnt insist on picking Antony would be an improvement.

ETH out, dump all first team into the reserves (bar a couple), stick on the kids. Swallow the loss and sell them all. Kids can't be any worse than the first team. Can they? They would relish the experience, put in an effort, probably lose a fair few but if they stay up, job done.

The £12 you get for selling all the flops wouldn't help your FFP issue. You can't swallow the losses. You have let too many managers waste money while convincing yourselves you had so much money it didn't matter.

I said when Rashford first broke into United he was a one footed, one dimensional clown who was no better than the ton of other young striker flops they had. Yet somehow he's ended up on hundreds of thousands per week. That fans are happy to keep Luke Shaw as a defender in a club with such recent history of top class defender after defender shows you how ****ing **** the rest are. Inconsistent mediocrity from Goalkeeper to Forwards. Wouldn't be so bad if the wage bill was the same as Wolves.

Criminal that they still look like 10 players need shooting and a huge clear out after all the cash spent. They look no nearer than when Moyes got the sack. How much more money is it going to take to turn this around. Since the Class of 92 how many top players have they developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom