Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garnacho is the only one from the current crop I would have anywhere near Liverpool, and tbh the longer he is at man utd the worse he will get, another season or 2 and he will be done.

I thought they picked him up from a spain team a couple of years back? not sure that constitutes development of a player that Danny is referring to

Nobody has been able to get a tune out of these players because they don't have a tune to sing.

It's just a bunch of poor individuals.

Rashford - useless, mentally devoid
Bruno - selfish, no discipline, impatient and rash.
Garnacho - selfish and singular driven - would work in a functioning team
Antony - selfish and singular driven, one trick.
Eriksen - beyond past anything near his best... Practically useless.
Dalot - average
AWB - average
Evans - ....
McTominay - Energy and rather little else.

I don't know what people expect right now. None of these are any good (bar Garnacho) and yet they're playing week jn week out.

A manager does nothing for this group, it's a product of years of terrible decisions. Thank Woodward, Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher, Ole and Maureen for instilling this absolute calamity.

I agree and you are likely right, but question marks must be asked of the manager too. I am not saying I want him sacked, but I do have plenty of concerns. It's possible to have bad players and a bad manager. We all know the club has been run atrociously, but hopefully a new structure will start to take shape over the next month or two.

I think Gary Neville is probably right, ETH will be judged from January-April when he's got a fit squad (assuming that even happens). If things don't improve he'll be out of the door at the end of the season. If this current form continues he could well be gone much sooner - it's not sustainable and could easily get worse. Aston Villa must be kicking themselves from the game midweek, they had it in the bag and suddenly thought they were playing against Man Utd under Sir Alex, and threw it away.

agree with a lot of the things being said about Utd and ETH.

Feel he is digging his own grave with constantly playing Antony. I’m in awe of him managing to trick United into paying him that much and continue to play him.

Found it a bit strange he took that kid off yesterday for McSauce though.

I actually think Chelsea and Man Utd. should do a manager swap deal. EtH would be a much better fit at Chelsea and the same for Poch at Man Utd.

The more I think about this the more I'm tempted to call the Boards and propose this. I will of course take a small 15% agents fee.

Last edited:
I imagine that EtH is on borrowed time at this point. If the league wasn't so competitive this year United would be miles off the pace of the top 4. As it stands we are just quite a long way off.

We are playing dire football. Losing to every man and his dog and still look un-coached. Its quite impressive.

If he can turn around results and have us competing for top 4 he will get until the end of the season. If things continue like this he will be gone in a few months max. Probably much quicker.

He has handled some parts of the United job really well but unfortunately he shouldn't have been given such control over transfers and he hasn't turned us into anything approaching a proper footballing side. Unfortunately those are 2 of the biggest things you have to do as a manager.

I imagine that EtH is on borrowed time at this point. If the league wasn't so competitive this year United would be miles off the pace of the top 4. As it stands we are just quite a long way off.

We are playing dire football. Losing to every man and his dog and still look un-coached. Its quite impressive.

If he can turn around results and have us competing for top 4 he will get until the end of the season. If things continue like this he will be gone in a few months max. Probably much quicker.

He has handled some parts of the United job really well but unfortunately he shouldn't have been given such control over transfers and he hasn't turned us into anything approaching a proper footballing side. Unfortunately those are 2 of the biggest things you have to do as a manager.

What has he handled well?

A lot is being said about the missing Man Utd players -but are they really any better ? Maguire has had one or two half decent games in the last two years. Mason Mount !! Casemiro !? The list goes on.. "Get Sancho playing again " - yeah because he was so great before his strop.

What has he handled well?

Clearing out the likes of Ronaldo and not putting up with the likes of Sancho. The pressure of being the United manager in front of the media. His first season he came third and won a trophy. He managed to get Rashford looking like a world class player for about 20 minutes. Hes developed Garnacho over the past few seasons.

Ronaldo sorted his own future...as for not putting up with Sancho...he was happy to let Greenwood come back and Antony was off a few weeks but he draws the line at a twitter post?

ETH has been a disaster. He played 1 prem team on the way to that trophy and even then Newcastle should have won. United fans standards are on the floor lol.

14 losses in 28 games!!

Last edited:
Ronaldo sorted his own future...as for not putting up with Sancho...he was happy to let Greenwood come back and Antony was off a few weeks but he draws the line at a twitter post?

ETH has been a disaster. He played 1 prem team on the way to that trophy and even then Newcastle should have won. United fans standards are on the floor lol.

14 losses in 28 games!!
As I keep saying he has improved no one with the exception of AWB, and you can’t even see what he is trying to achieve. For me, considering the amount of money he has spent, it is absolute madness he still has a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom