Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really rate Antonee Robinson as well. Wouldn't mind Liverpool looking at him as a long term Robbo successor

Edit: oh, he's 26 so not that long term! Still looks very useful though!

Last edited:
I've been in Canada since the 23rd, so I haven't caught the two Manchester United games or the highlights (Villa and Forrest), unfortunately I can't say I was surprised by the Forrest result. We're horrifically inconsistent that I knew the Villa result wasn't one of the many acclaimed "corner turning" results.

The absolute dross in our squad is embarrassing, embarrassing enough before you even factor in the amount of money we've spent.

I don't think EtH is the right man for the job, but there's no point in changing the manager until there's a functioning structure at the club. By that I mean a structure that doesn't sanction selecting players from Erik's iPhone contact list and paying over the odds for them.

Maybe this is a bit of reality check for Arsenal. They have put a lot of pressure on themselves recently, almost like a foregone conclusion they win the PL if City don't.
Arsenal are never winning the league this season. They don’t have a clinical striker and have 2 average keepers. Over the course of a season you need both to win the league.

Arsenal are never winning the league this season. They don’t have a clinical striker and have 2 average keepers. Over the course of a season you need both to win the league.

2 good keepers you mean, hardly average. And you don't need a striker per se, Pep won it several times without a proper striker. Not saying they don't need a striker though, i think they do. It's just tight up at the top, City not quite at it, Liverpool only lost once this season, you'd assume they won't go the whole season only losing once, so they'll drop points there. And you have several outsiders taking points off the top 4 with West Ham, Villa and Spurs. It's seems to be setting up for a tight 3 way battle for the PL.

105 million quid on Declan Rice = Arsenal being 10 points worse off, 10 less goals scored, 3 more goals conceded compared to last season. Transformative signing that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom