Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st Aug - 1st September 2024]

Sad state of affairs Old Trafford turning into 3 point lane.

I said before but if Ten Hag dosnt start well this season the pressure will be on, he had whole window to get new players in the club really hasnt bolstered enough imo.

Our midfield looks weak and gets blullied to easy we shall see what Ugarte brings but what if he gets injured then what? we havnt bolstered nearly enough.

I cant stand watching us at the moment it really got that bad, I just knew after Brighton game we wasnt getting anything today and its bad when you can predict it.

It's wierd as a neutral.. Utd have good players.. but there it no cohesion or plan.. they have one game where they look class, but i'm not sure that comes from ETH.. it's the players who happen to click on the day.. and then in the next game then look like 11 people who have never trained together.. it's quite bizarre..

I'm no Pool or Utd fan, but Pool clearly play with clear plan, and each player does their job.. with 100% track back commitment.. which I think is lacking from some of the Utd players.

and then you have Fernandes who when it's going badly seems to spend more time sulking than trying to change the game.. He looks world class when it's going well for him and the team.. but that really is not what you need from a club captain..

Shirley this all has to come from the manager? which it seems isn't happening.. Not sure what the answer is, and possibly getting rid of the dead wood in the summer.. and having a few more months with players that want to play for Utd .. he can change things around....

If nothing changes looks like a top 7/8 finished for Utd again...

Salah confirming its his last year :( "as you know its my last year at the club"

edit no one has talked to him about a contract, hopefully not as bad as it 1st sounded. Bit worrying they havent bothered with contract renewals

Last edited:
It's wierd as a neutral.. Utd have good players.. but there it no cohesion or plan.. they have one game where they look class, but i'm not sure that comes from ETH.. it's the players who happen to click on the day.. and then in the next game then look like 11 people who have never trained together.. it's quite bizarre..

I'm no Pool or Utd fan, but Pool clearly play with clear plan, and each player does their job.. with 100% track back commitment.. which I think is lacking from some of the Utd players.

and then you have Fernandes who when it's going badly seems to spend more time sulking than trying to change the game.. He looks world class when it's going well for him and the team.. but that really is not what you need from a club captain..

Shirley this all has to come from the manager? which it seems isn't happening.. Not sure what the answer is, and possibly getting rid of the dead wood in the summer.. and having a few more months with players that want to play for Utd .. he can change things around....

If nothing changes looks like a top 7/8 finished for Utd again...

Do they? I don’t think they do have good players, go through the team.

Onana - isn’t a great keeper, dodgy as hell.
Dalot - erm
Martinez - Looks ok, he’s good some times but so hit and miss.
de ligt - Failed at his two previous clubs
Mazraoui - Similar to above, if he was good he’d be at Bayern still.
Casemiro - Father time has caught up with him, he was bloody elite though.
Rashford - guys been awful for at least 18 months
Fernandes - good player, great player infact, just doesn’t have the team around him. Creates loads better players around him and he’d have stats up there with the best in the leauge.
Garnacho - Great player
Zirkzee - not seen enough of him.

That’s hardly a good team. There a reason they finished 8th.

The subs Collyer, Diallo, Eriksen. I mean yeh.

Rest of the bench - Bayndir, Evans, Heaton, Maguire, Wheatley and Antony…. Any of them good? Evans the best defender they have and he’s retirement age.

Salah confirming its his last year :( "as you know its my last year at the club"

edit no one has talked to him about a contract, hopefully not as bad as it 1st sounded. Bit worrying they havent bothered with contract renewals

Press gonna have a field day with this now

How many players/staff are top 4 quality?

I think we need to ignore league positions and focus on performances right now. We were the worst performing team in the league last season by some distance (relative to player quality).

Our strongest XI on paper is certainly capable of being competitive for top 5, if they were coached well. Just not happening under ETH.

smart man, fans and media on side with him vs club that seems to be dicking about 75% of the time at the moment

Do they? I don’t think they do have good players, go through the team.

Onana - isn’t a great keeper, dodgy as hell.
Dalot - erm
Martinez - Looks ok, he’s good some times but so hit and miss.
de ligt - Failed at his two previous clubs
Mazraoui - Similar to above, if he was good he’d be at Bayern still.
Casemiro - Father time has caught up with him, he was bloody elite though.
Rashford - guys been awful for at least 18 months
Fernandes - good player, great player infact, just doesn’t have the team around him. Creates loads better players around him and he’d have stats up there with the best in the leauge.
Garnacho - Great player
Zirkzee - not seen enough of him.

That’s hardly a good team. There a reason they finished 8th.

The subs Collyer, Diallo, Eriksen. I mean yeh.

Rest of the bench - Bayndir, Evans, Heaton, Maguire, Wheatley and Antony…. Any of them good? Evans the best defender they have and he’s retirement age.
Exactly this. Replacing ETH might have a (much needed) new manager bounce but the players are still ****, so people need to set their expectations accordingly.

Remember what Jose said? Albeit with a different squad.

Last edited:
smart man, fans and media on side with him vs club that seems to be dicking about 75% of the time at the moment
have to wonder what they are doing, if they havent started with Salah then you can expect the same with VVD and Trent. Anyway, enough negativity after smashing man utd at the rat hole

Back
Top Bottom