Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st Aug - 1st September 2024]

I'm not panicking just yet. I'm not ten Hag's biggest supporter but I think he deserves the chance to have a squad of fit players to pick from. You look at the Liverpool squad and whilst the fans are disappointed about not signing more than one player - it's still a very high quality set of players with some that are world class. We all knew Casemiro was done, McSauce wasn't of the level but I've seen some encouraging signs in our general play. Unfortunately playing Casemiro has been tantamount to playing with 10, Marcus is shot of any confidence which makes for almost 9, Zirkzee is really new but he's scored and he has had chances which means he's getting in the right places. With Ugarte, Shaw, Hojlund to come back we have a chance to build some form.

No issue with that call, players shouldn't be rewarded for initiating contact unless it's over the top and threatens the safety of the player.

Just needs to be consistent which it won't.
Problem is the ref gave a foul and should need to review his decision

I agree though, very Vardy of Gakpo

Ten Hag under serious pressure again already now, as I anticipated. In fairness, the INEOS sacking process over the summer did even more damage to him, they should have been more decisive. I can't think of another situation where a club have decided to sack their manager, openly gone around interviewing other managers, and then decided to stick with him instead.

Realistically he needs to be given another couple of months at the very least, but all the signs are so poor.

I don't think you can justify keeping him when coaches like Tuchel are available - we know he was considered but they didn't go ahead for whatever reason, maybe they'll revisit things, who knows.

I'm not panicking just yet. I'm not ten Hag's biggest supporter but I think he deserves the chance to have a squad of fit players to pick from. You look at the Liverpool squad and whilst the fans are disappointed about not signing more than one player - it's still a very high quality set of players with some that are world class. We all knew Casemiro was done, McSauce wasn't of the level but I've seen some encouraging signs in our general play. Unfortunately playing Casemiro has been tantamount to playing with 10, Marcus is shot of any confidence which makes for almost 9, Zirkzee is really new but he's scored and he has had chances which means he's getting in the right places. With Ugarte, Shaw, Hojlund to come back we have a chance to build some form.
He’s got a squad of players, it’s just that they’re not very good and he’s been responsible for buying most of them

Will be disappointing if Casemiro starts next game. I don't think Garnacho should be starting either, always better off the bench. Amad looks better for 90 minutes.

Zirkzee looks to have potential.

Every bit as easy as the 7-0 thrashing and I doubt we'll have a more comfortable game all season.

Far to early to judge Slot but I'm incredibly impressed with what I've seen so far. Not so much in attack, which looks like a slightly dialled down version of Klopp's 'Full Send' approach to football, but more so with the control we've showed in defence.

Every time United had the ball, we bust a gut to get back in numbers which isn't something Klopp appeared to really care about and it makes it far easier to turn defence in to attack.

Back
Top Bottom