Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 7th December 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He's a maverick but I've never seen a player since Suarez that's so involved. It doesn't matter whether he's playing well or not, he's just constantly involved in games, getting and creating chances. Even vs Fulham, just him being him resulted in our 3rd and 4th goals. He's rough around the edges but those will be polished in time, however he's got that spark about him that so few players have.

4 goals and 5 assists in circa 800 minutes in the League and 14 goals/assists in circa 1200 minutes in all comps. That's very good.
And I don't mind seeing him in the starting lineup, particularly in games against lesser opposition, but against better sides I'd much rather have Gakpo up there who provides much more control.

I like Nunez , but still don't trust him, and I worry that his poor finishing and erraticness on the ball isn't something he can ever be taught out of

Don
And I don't mind seeing him in the starting lineup, particularly in games against lesser opposition, but against better sides I'd much rather have Gakpo up there who provides much more control.

I like Nunez , but still don't trust him, and I worry that his poor finishing and erraticness on the ball isn't something he can ever be taught out of
It's a chicken and egg situation. Yes he's as mad as a box of frogs and can miss chances but he gets and creates chances like nobody else. His size, strength, pace and incredible work rate means he gets chances that so many other players just don't.

Soldato
It's a chicken and egg situation. Yes he's as mad as a box of frogs and can miss chances but he gets and creates chances like nobody else. His size, strength, pace and incredible work rate means he gets chances that so many other players just don't.
Yes, absolutely, and at present we should keep playing him in the right games for that reason. But I wouldn't say he's a top class 9 (although I realise that there's a real dearth of good strikers out there at the moment)

Soldato
Yeah shows how well Arsenal did getting Rice.
I still think Rice is overrated but I have to say I'm pretty impressed by him as a leader on the pitch and he's scored some great late goals. Definitely a good signing that makes Arsenal a better side.

Nacho has had a decent game, he creates a lot but his execution needs to improve. Certainly a better contribution than Rashford at present.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gakpo has done absolutely nothing in the premier league, doesnt score, doesnt assist, doesnt create chances. He's utterly anonymous in 90-95% of games.

Soldato
Gakpo has done absolutely nothing in the premier league, doesnt score, doesnt assist, doesnt create chances. He's utterly anonymous in 90-95% of games.
Fans levelled the same accusations at Bobby for much of the last couple of seasons, and we were still better with him linking play than without him. Gakpo is so much better than Nunez in the whole with players running off him. And he keeps the ball and helps us to control tough matches.

I'd have started Nunez tonight, but against better teams it's Gakpo for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom