Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 7th December 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just looking at some early team news ahead of Newcastles game.

EFC: Amadou Onana and Deli Alli remain out. Andre Gomes and Dominic Calvert-Lewin could return.

Forgot that waster had signed for them. Seems they tried to bin him off asap anyway, been binned by the Turkish team he was on loan at too. No chance he'd even get a game if fit as he's close to triggering a compulsory buy clause! No wonder they are in the financial mess they are doing that sort of business.

Soldato
Rice big game player :D
I don’t believe there was too many in the Rice fan club before his transfer. Rice is a giga Chad. So jealous of that transfer.

While Liverpool was buying wingers and attacking midfielders. Arsenal actually bought a player that can play that 6/8 roles.

Soldato
I don’t believe there was too many in the Rice fan club before his transfer. Rice is a giga Chad. So jealous of that transfer.

While Liverpool was buying wingers and attacking midfielders. Arsenal actually bought a player that can play that 6/8 roles.
What has Liverpool got to do with it?

Soldato
I could have also added Chelsea and Newcastle into that statement but you were more in need of a 6/8. You did buy a lot players to rebuild your midfield???????
Those clubs would have made a lot more sense considering where they are in the table but we werent about to spend 105mil plus astromical wages on one midfielder when we needed a few. Its just a daft statement to make especially when we signed one "attacking" midfielder.

Caporegime

Forgot that waster had signed for them. Seems they tried to bin him off asap anyway, been binned by the Turkish team he was on loan at too. No chance he'd even get a game if fit as he's close to triggering a compulsory buy clause! No wonder they are in the financial mess they are doing that sort of business.

Did you even watch his interview with Gary Neville?

Soldato
New manager, haven't won away at a newly promoted side in 4 trips and only won 3 in 10.... yeah we're losing to a injury time worldie by a Sheffield defender aren't we :p

Associate
Real nervy feeling amongst Villa fans in the office over tonight's game. No Grealish and Rodri is a good start, but still feels like the first big hurdle to get over this season. The cynic in me thinks that if we don't at least get a point tonight then we'll loose a lot of momentum and it'll be the start of a long road to a 7th/8th finish. If we can clinch all 3 points though then there's no reason we can't aim for a CL spot. Big, big game.

Soldato
Real nervy feeling amongst Villa fans in the office over tonight's game. No Grealish and Rodri is a good start, but still feels like the first big hurdle to get over this season. The cynic in me thinks that if we don't at least get a point tonight then we'll loose a lot of momentum and it'll be the start of a long road to a 7th/8th finish. If we can clinch all 3 points though then there's no reason we can't aim for a CL spot. Big, big game.
Would love a Villa win tonight and to roll over for Arsenal on Saturday.

Caporegime
City's win percentage with Rodri out is quite the drop off, great time for Villa to play them.

Of course, it's still their biggest hurdle in the league, as they've just won a treble and are still within touching distance with one of their best players out and Rodri missing several games this season.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm going to assume you never heard his interview, as I'd rather not say what I think of this if you have heard it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom