Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 14th January 2020]

Don
If 1 of their chances go in it’s wrong to assume they would’ve kept pressing tbh, doubt we’d be in danger of losing.
We overstate their chances too. Their xg was 1.2 compared to our 1.6. They could have got something from the game but we were far from lucky to have won, let alone drew.

Soldato
I think myself and every other Liverpool supporter couldn't care less about that record, long as we get a title I'm not fussed if we lose a game in a season tbh

Don
Unless your whole team gets blown up. It is not going to happen. Also this game means Liverpool go a full season unbeaten (38 Games)
This is the problem with these records. You can literally create a new record every game. All the talk pre game was that if we won it would be the best start ever across the major Leagues in Europe. Why are we measuring things after 21 games? Will we set a new record for the best start after 22 games if we win or draw next week?

The only thing that matters is winning the League. We're on an incredible run and if we got an entire season unbeaten or break the longest unbeaten run then great but they count for nothing.
I can't see us going unbeaten simply because we're likely to rest players in the league to prioritise the Champions League once it's mathematically done.
This could very well be an issue. Assuming we progress, we're likely to play City before or after 1 leg of a CL quarter final and then potentially have Chelsea and Arsenal either side of a possible CL semi final.

If we're on an unbeaten run going into that Chelsea or Arsenal game and we're still in the CL, 100% Klopp is fielding a massively weakened side, assuming the League is tied up by then.

Caporegime
Yeah you’d take the trophies regardless (or attempts with deep run), Atletico still a tough ask before considering those other fixtures though.

Don
Yea, Atletico are probably the most unsuitable side we could face. We always struggle against ****house sides and there's no bigger bunch of ****houses than Atletico.

Soldato
What a weird year so far, everyone has been poor, just look at the table compared to the last decade. No wonder Liverpool and Leicester are doing so well when everyone else is so so bad.

Caporegime
Anyone seen a clip of the Robertson tackle on Tanganga? I've seen stills and everyone seems to be up in arms that there was no VAR intervention and red card given.

Robertson has possession and played the ball, not really sure there is much he can do

Don
It's a yellow, at worst. Stills make it look like he's lunged in and going down into the tackle but that's not the case. He's won the ball and he's caught him with the outside of his foot on the upswing of his follow through.
yep clear red card.....
...for the partially sighted.

Don
I didn't forget. It was a throw for Spurs but it was hardly a game changing decision. Officials make half a dozen wrong calls for throws or corners each game, I'm sure Liverpool had at least one go against us. Whether we would have scored from it is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom