Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 18th May 2017]

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think its safe to say this season hasn't gone as well as Mourinho expected but at the same time I don't think we have done that badly considering.

We create a lot of chances, we just love to miss them. Thats usually an easy-ish problem to sort out if you have money.

We have struggled all season to keep any sort of defence fit yet we still have a decent defensive record. Most of the season we have been missing at leasts a full defence worth of probably first choice defenders.

Zlatan got injured at the wrong time for us to think about hitting top 4. It was already a big ask and that really shut it down.

I think Mourinho hasn't known whether to stick or twist with our priorities this season either. The EL was not a high priority until we looked like missing out on top 4 and it was potentially our best route into the CL. Then we have had a few months of both being equally important but kind of having to try and keep both going half heartedly.

This summer will be a big indicator of what kind of football Mourinho wants to play and who he wants to keep. I think a good number of players will be pushed out and 3-4 brought in.

Fellaini is not a Mourinho player despite his game time this season. He has been a tool that has found a space in the team because other better options were not available but he doesn't do anything well enough to be a regular starter when we have the players Mourinho wants.

I'm also a fan of Romero. He has been brilliant 99% of the time whenever he has played. As a backup keeper I don't think we could do any better. As first choice I don't think he would be horrendous. Hopefully DDG stays but that seems unlikely.

Soldato
Clearly I'm bias but I genuinely can't understand how neutrals can dislike Spurs. Playing decent football, with a core of young English players all under a financially stable plan.

jealous innit

just a shame leicester aren't in a dog fight would've been epic to send those **** houses down

Soldato
I make a valid point. You're saying people are jealous of your club. I most definitely am not.

Then you go and **** off Leicester, who won the League ahead of you last year. Maybe you're...jealous?

Caporegime
On the replay all I can think is, Lloris got all the way back then he went to a far post position rather than getting into the middle of the goal. Did he lose track of who had the ball? Because it looks like he was trying to cover the goal from the perspective of the other Leicester player having the ball.

I thought the chance had gone, it was begging to be hit first time, but Mendi is it wasn't in space. Then when it came through that was a completely open goal and he was running on to it with his right foot(presume he's a lefty?) but still should have just slotted it home. Then after he dribbled it the goal opened up and he still took one or two more touches before calmly passing it into the net. hehe.

Kane makes it another goal, that one was a tap in though. The first two Spurs goals were great, Kane's first finish from behind him, he has the touch. If he ever leaves Spurs he's going to go for a silly amount. First 3 full seasons scoring over 20 in the epl is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom