Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 18th May 2017]

Soldato
Stat for you Liverpool fans

Liverpool match now bound to be live on TV in the UK on Sunday; their 29th live (of 38) this PL season. A record for one club in one season.

A shocking stat really, when you consider most Liverpool fans don't have a television.

Don

Liverpool match now bound to be live on TV in the UK on Sunday; their 29th live (of 38) this PL season. A record for one club in one season.

A shocking stat really, when you consider most Liverpool fans don't have a television.

we do, we just didn't pay for them ;)

Caporegime

In fairness along with the Arsenal game it's the only other game on Sunday that means anything.

Caporegime

I don't know what's been going on with TV coverage this season but I've been noticing how it's the same teams virtually every week, I've been complaining about West Ham nearly all season - terrible team and yet they get so much coverage particularly at home in their fancy new stadium. Newcastle have also been on an insane amount in the Championship. Is it part of the new mega-money television deal that came in to show mostly the teams who will pull in the most viewers?

Don
From what I understand there's some sort of minimum that each side must be shown as a percentage of the TV money is distributed based on televised appearances but beyond that it's down to Sky/BT and of course they'll choose to show sides that will draw the biggest audiences.

Man of Honour
Another game which is nothing more than an inconvenience at this stage. Be good to win though and have a bit of momentum for the next game and the final.

Soldato
cant understand how the linesman gave that penalty - it wasn't even close to being inside the area, they cant even complain about bad light

At least justice was done for once this season, it would have been typical if they had scored from it.

Moderately good game, considering Utd don't care at all about the result

Soldato
cant understand how the linesman gave that penalty - it wasn't even close to being inside the area, they cant even complain about bad light

At least justice was done for once this season, it would have been typical if they had scored from it.

Moderately good game, considering Utd don't care at all about the result
Could have considered it retribution for the disallowed cup goal :p

Yes I'm still bitter about losing that :p

Back
Top Bottom