Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [18th - 21st January 2014]

Caporegime
Rafael's tackle was a blatant red, I'll admit I thought Vidic's was only a yellow though so these things balance themselves out. :p

Caporegime
Rafael isn't a hot head i swear.

lol, yes, the thing with Vidic's was, it was almost the half way line, it wasn't say 2-1 up but a red may stop a break and win you a game, or a point, it was for absolutely nothing.

Rafael, an absolutely certain red card every single time, ref utterly bottled that. Woeful discipline, generally awful defending, defenders getting frustrated.

Rafael has always done stuff like that for no reason, with no signs of him growing up at all after what 4, maybe 5 seasons now.

Vidic has always done these types of stupid tackles as well, has got a few reds for them, deserved many more. But realistically you wouldn't expect to win that game under Fergie even at their best, but Vidic/Rafael have/should have made life more difficult in the games to come due to poor self control.

I mean Cardiff, Stoke, Fulham if Rafael got a red as well, suddenly become games where you have players banned adding to injuries and crappy form and those games become harder than they needed to be.

Don
I've lost track of all the stupid rules/conventions which are about nowadays. Can that last 'tackle' be reassessed and Rafael be banned, nowadays? Or is it still the case that the ref has seen it/dealt with it, so it stays as it is?

They changed the laws in the summer so they could reassess incidents seen by the ref but they won't do it. There was an incident during the Chelsea-Spurs game earlier in the season where Torres got away with something but the FA done **** all about it.

Caporegime
So Suarez, shall we all point that out when you're playing or will you get tourettes again?

Plenty of people attempted to point out that the foul by Guzan was a dive so I'm not too sure what you're going on about?

If I wanted to troll I would've posted lots of retarded smilies laughing as United conceded goal after goal despite actually playing better first half

Caporegime
They changed the laws in the summer so they could reassess incidents seen by the ref but they won't do it. There was an incident during the Chelsea-Spurs game earlier in the season where Torres got away with something but the FA done **** all about it.
I think they'll reserve the right to use that rule until there's media outrage. If nothing's said, nothing will be done.

Caporegime
I've lost track of all the stupid rules/conventions which are about nowadays. Can that last 'tackle' be reassessed and Rafael be banned, nowadays? Or is it still the case that the ref has seen it/dealt with it, so it stays as it is?

I was thinking the same, I really don't know what they can/can't review. They made this whole deal about making more things reviewable than last year, then there was something this year they couldn't do because they can't review it?

AFAIk their excuse last year was they couldn't review something if the ref saw it and gave a card/freekick or whatever, I thought that is what they changed, but it seems they haven't.

Rafael's was such a completely insane tackle I'd quite like to see him get a 3 game ban for it, had that made contact it could easily have ended a career. Full speed massive lunge, two footed, nasty nasty tackle.

I don't think what Brown did yesterday was even slightly intentional, just a bit stupid/reckless, the difference here is Rafael absolutely meant to do what he did.

Permabanned
Plenty of people attempted to point out that the foul by Guzan was a dive so I'm not too sure what you're going on about?

If I wanted to troll I would've posted lots of retarded smilies laughing as United conceded goal after goal despite actually playing better first half

What I'm going on about is that you're the first to start busting out the yellow stars and getting all uppety if anyone dare moan about Suarez/Benitez.

Calling someone a nasty little **** when you have an even nastier little **** that dives and bites is a bit hypocritical :)

Back
Top Bottom