Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [18th - 23rd October 2019]

Soldato
I was thinking about this towards the end of last season when Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea were having a competition between themselves as to who could throw a CL spot away the best. Are 3rd to 6th noticeably worse than before or are 7th-20th better than ever before and have how good City and Liverpool been made things look worse? It's probably a bit of everything to be fair. It might not have been the same sides as now but we've seen 1 or 2 of the big 5-6 sides have disaster seasons before and Arsenal spent a good 10 years just making up the top 4 spots without ever seriously challenging so things aren't that much different in that respect. I don't think 7th to 20th have ever been stronger than they are now though - I certainly can't recall a time where there's been so many players at these sorts of clubs that could walk into the squad of a top side and not look out of place. Throw in Liverpool and City stringing together huge winning streaks and picking up huge points totals and it does make bad viewing for the likes of Arsenal right now.
Yea no doubt.
The thing is mate during arsenal scraping top4, we would still give the title contenders a run for there money when we play them.

Now liverpool/city just play us in 1st gear and still smash us. its as if u guys are playing brighton or watford.

Just easy for u.

I reckon liverpool and city could rest there best players and still beat us easily

Caporegime
Yea no doubt.
The thing is mate during arsenal scraping top4, we would still give the title contenders a run for there money when we play them.

Now liverpool/city just play us in 1st gear and still smash us. its as if u guys are playing brighton or watford.

Just easy for u.

I reckon liverpool and city could rest there best players and still beat us easily
We’ll find out in the carabao cup

Man of Honour
Emery’s just as tactically naive as Wenger ever was.

In a different way, Wenger would completely negate the defence and just throw on all the strikers when we were losing. He'd completely ignore the opposition and just set up how he believes we should play rather than what would tactically win the match. Unai on the other hand doesn't seem to have any sort of gameplan or coherent system that he wants the players to play. We don't look like a team that knows how to press, how to counter attack, how to soak up pressure, how to hold onto a lead, we're just clueless.

It's similar to the comparisons between OGS and Klopp in the United thread, even if the results aren't quite there you at least want to see what the manager is trying to do and, in time, start to see the team moving closer towards that goal. Watching Unai's teams and lineups I find myself more and more baffled by what he's trying to achieve and I cant see players improving under him.

Caporegime
Lol at Arsenal getting beaten by Sheffield :(.

Emery isn’t any better than Wenger, I was never sold on him when he was appointed but 2 seasons in and we aren’t any better than we were last season.
Makes me laugh when Arsenal fans laugh at Spurs but honestly we aren’t any better than them when we get beat by teams lower than us :/. Hell we aren’t even any better than Utd either...if Emery is taking us sideways then OGS is taking Utd back to the medieval times :p.

Pepe?? £70mill on him and he hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s worth the money we spent on him.

All in all this one disjointed Arsenal team and has been for quite some time.

Soldato
Lol at Arsenal getting beaten by Sheffield :(.

Pepe?? £70mill on him and he hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s worth the money we spent on him.

All in all this one disjointed Arsenal team and has been for quite some time.

Pepe is looking like one of the worst buys in Premier League history, the price tag alone is ridiculous. :eek:

Was Pepe a panic buy?

Back
Top Bottom