Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 24th April 2019]

Soldato
On top of the poor mentality of some players, I also question the fitness of some United players. When I watch Spurs, City and Liverpool every single one of their players puts in a shift both in attack and defence, and they're able to maintain their pressing off the ball and movement on the ball for the 90 minutes. If I was at United I'd be questioning why we aren't able to do that, whether some players simply can't be bothered or whether there's a lack of fitness there compared to the other big teams.

At this point I'm really not bothered if we lose the likes of Pogba, Martial and Lukaku in the summer, if they want to go and swan around the pitch for other big European teams then I'd be fine with that, I personally think they lack the physical and mental attributes required to succeed in the PL.

Soldato
On top of the poor mentality of some players, I also question the fitness of some United players. When I watch Spurs, City and Liverpool every single one of their players puts in a shift both in attack and defence, and they're able to maintain their pressing off the ball and movement on the ball for the 90 minutes. If I was at United I'd be questioning why we aren't able to do that, whether some players simply can't be bothered or whether there's a lack of fitness there compared to the other big teams.

At this point I'm really not bothered if we lose the likes of Pogba, Martial and Lukaku in the summer, if they want to go and swan around the pitch for other big European teams then I'd be fine with that, I personally think they lack the physical and mental attributes required to succeed in the PL.
Totally agree Pogba and martial choose when they want to play lukaku can't control a ball first touch poor they can go as far as I'm concerned get players who want to play for us

Caporegime
Thing is and I've said it for some time, our first team players aren't good enough.

For example,

Is Jessie Lingard as good as Bernado Silva?

Is Smalling as good as Kompany ?

If not then why do we have a team filled with b rate players,? Do we really expect to compete if our players are not as good?

We play worse football, lack any kind of cohesive gameplan, and have worse players all over the pitch?

Caporegime
Thing is and I've said it for some time, our first team players aren't good enough.

For example,

Is Jessie Lingard as good as Bernado Silva?

Is Smalling as good as Kompany ?

If not then why do we have a team filled with b rate players,? Do we really expect to compete if our players are not as good?

We play worse football, lack any kind of cohesive gameplan, and have worse players all over the pitch?

I'd take Smalling over Kompany

Caporegime
United need to just spend a few seasons languishing mid table whilst they slowly rebuild, you see it happen all of the time in the lower leagues where it takes a team to get relegated to be shaken up, start doing things right off the pitch and improve. The problem United have had over recent season is binning off managers who don't make top four and those same under pressure managers signing whatever players are available at the time (Fellaini, Mata, Lukaku, Sanchez) as short term fixes to keep the team from going backwards in the table. It's been going on like that ever since Ferguson left, you're just forever plugging holes in the boat as they appear and not going anywhere because your immediate concern is not sinking.

Soldato
United need to just spend a few seasons languishing mid table whilst they slowly rebuild, you see it happen all of the time in the lower leagues where it takes a team to get relegated to be shaken up, start doing things right off the pitch and improve. The problem United have had over recent season is binning off managers who don't make top four and those same under pressure managers signing whatever players are available at the time (Fellaini, Mata, Lukaku, Sanchez) as short term fixes to keep the team from going backwards in the table. It's been going on like that ever since Ferguson left, you're just forever plugging holes in the boat as they appear and not going anywhere because your immediate concern is not sinking.
This. Well said. Give the current manager 3 seasons to build and as long as United are 6th 7th in the league it should be fine for the first two seasons. Build from that and buy smart

Soldato
Problem with that is the sponsorship deal clause about champions league although I do agree it needs a rebuild
Put aside the sponsorship deal and just build from the ground up. United have as much funds as city have and they should follow there example and buy smart. Buy lots of 40m type players instead of 1 or 2 "Pogba"

Its the way city did there business.

Soldato
Put aside the sponsorship deal and just build from the ground up. United have as much funds as city have and they should follow there example and buy smart. Buy lots of 40m type players instead of 1 or 2 "Pogba"

Its the way city did there business.
Like I said I totally agree but I don't think the club will cus of the sponsorship clause

Back
Top Bottom