Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 5th March 2019]

De Bruyne wasn't in his best form, so no much of a loss there. Fernandinho doing stupid things in defense, also not much of a loss there.

Has anyone watched the Everton game? Did they have chances to win it against Liverpool?

He needs a run of games to find form though, these constant injuries means he isn't getting sharp. Fernandinho is arguably their most important player and is a big, big miss.

I watched it, they had half chances and IMO were the better team in the second half. Liverpool created the two best chances, draw probably overall a fair result.

To be fair, with 9 games to go, not many would have predicted at the start of the season that Liverpool would be 1 pt behind City. Most still thought that City would have the league again.

He needs a run of games to find form though, these constant injuries means he isn't getting sharp. Fernandinho is arguably their most important player and is a big, big miss.

I watched it, they had half chances and IMO were the better team in the second half. Liverpool created the two best chances, draw probably overall a fair result.

I think that Pep will have problems if he continues with his policy. He can't keep Leroy Sane on the bench because of two things - for what he did against Schalke, and because Sane doesn't like it.

We still have Chelsea and spurs to come. Every supporter said in both windows klopp needed to address the lack of creativity.

Chelsea and Spurs as teams right now look nothing special at all - a few months ago they were both looking really decent....but now they are both lucky they have got points in the bag as it were and there is a big gap around 6th, otherwise they are no better than mid table teams (even given the new manager boost Fulham got today, Chelsea didn't look that great. Spurs were ok yesterday but nowhere near as lethal as a few months ago)

No, im not having that forward/striker malarkey. The positions overlap. Salah is as good as a striker. You can’t absolve him of responsibility because of a position.

We will have to agree to disagree. Aguero has played his career as a striker. Salah hss played some of it as a striker. I'm not absolving him of responsibility, I simply saying there is an inherent difference between striker and forward, I would always expect a striker to score more than a forward, just my opinion.

Chelsea and Spurs as teams right now look nothing special at all - a few months ago they were both looking really decent....but now they are both lucky they have got points in the bag as it were and there is a big gap around 6th, otherwise they are no better than mid table teams (even given the new manager boost Fulham got today, Chelsea didn't look that great. Spurs were ok yesterday but nowhere near as lethal as a few months ago)
Everton havent been anything special and we didnt win, unless Klopp gets it into his head that this midfield cant create I dont see these types of draws changing into wins any time soon.

Hendo,Wjanldum,Fabinho,Milner together does not and has not ever created enough.

Fabinho can do the best pass forward out of them all but even then its if given time to do so, where as we for had countinho still he can find passes instantly and get them through, whilst getting the odd goal.

I hope Ox comes back soon as I do think he can solve some of the issues we have at the moment, but his fitness wont be there so will be hard for him

Liverpool's lack of creativity in midfield is killing them at the moment. They've got a phenomenal defence, easily the best in the league, and when that front three are all firing they are the best attacking trio as well, but their midfield is comparatively quite weak. Sure, it's good at shielding that back four and building out from the back, but there's nobody in midfield with the guile needed to play the killer pass and help dictate the tempo of the game.

Liverpool's lack of creativity in midfield is killing them at the moment. They've got a phenomenal defence, easily the best in the league, and when that front three are all firing they are the best attacking trio as well, but their midfield is comparatively quite weak. Sure, it's good at shielding that back four and building out from the back, but there's nobody in midfield with the guile needed to play the killer pass and help dictate the tempo of the game.
You mean like a David Silva or KDB?

That’s the role Fekir could have filled.

One good thing is that in previous transfer windows there have been a few positions that we've needed to fill. This transfer window I'd be quite content with going big on just a creative midfielder, I'm happy with the rest of the team as is.

Back
Top Bottom