Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 6th February 2019]

Don
I haven’t said any criticism and being critical when you want to be in certain moments doesn’t make it anymore valid.

I’ve already told you who I support, it’s not my fault you can’t remember and has nothing to do with the discussion :)
So you're suggesting that Purdy only believes he's allowed to criticise Liverpool? For somebody as critical of the club as he has been, that seems about as mad as the original post that started this subject.

I don't believe you did tell me because I have a disgusting memory and I absolutely do not remember you saying and I would remember considering how interested I am for you to say. And when you're making your lazy criticisms of Purdy defending his club it would be interesting to know who you support as you seemingly post mainly about Liverpool.
That point certainly is but I don’t think the rest of his comment is that far fetched.
The rest being Klopp answering questions in a press-conference? As I said in my reply to him, his post is like something you expect to read in the Daily Star or a 'banter' account on twitter.

Caporegime
That point certainly is but I don’t think the rest of his comment is that far fetched.

So first paragraph is total nonsense

Second paragraph most managers do immediately following a match and doesn’t just **** his own players. (Also omitting Klopp saying a draw was deserved which basically means we were lucky not to lose)

Caporegime
So you're suggesting that Purdy only believes he's allowed to criticise Liverpool? For somebody as critical of the club as he has been, that seems about as mad as the original post that started this subject.

I don't believe you did tell me because I have a disgusting memory and I absolutely do not remember you saying and I would remember considering how interested I am for you to say. And when you're making your lazy criticisms of Purdy defending his club it would be interesting to know who you support as you seemingly post mainly about Liverpool.

The rest being Klopp answering questions in a press-conference? As I said in my reply to him, his post is like something you expect to read in the Daily Star or a 'banter' account on twitter.

No that’s not what I’m suggesting, how have you came to that conclusion? His criticisms are often completely irrational and at times come across as some way of saving face if Liverpool don’t manage to win anything.

As an example of honest criticisms then the analysis you give after games is usually far more reasoned and shows a good level of observation.

Your memory must be disgusting in the bad sense then, and as I’ve said it has nothing to do with this discussion, who’s doing the deflecting now?

Last edited:
Don
No that’s not what I’m suggesting, how have you came to that conclusion?

Your memory must be disgusting in the bad sense then, and as I’ve said it has nothing to do with this discussion, who’s doing the deflecting now?
In that case I'd love for you to explain the point of your post then. Afterall, everytime somebody says something negative about Liverpool you claim Purdy says it's weird. If that's the case then what other conclusion is there?

And no deflection at all, I have and will continue to respond to you or Janesy if you wish to discuss the original point any further. I think it's a load of nonsense though. And I disagree, when you're so quick to make snide remarks, claiming supporters are defending their "beloved club" it would be great to know who you support. I'm honestly intrigued as you seemingly follow football quite closely and particularly Liverpool. And if you have said before then what would be the issue in saying who you support now? You remind me a lot of one particular member(s).

Caporegime
Oh no I've upset some people.

Only seems to be Klopp that makes bizarre comments like the weather when both teams would have had to play in the same conditions. Also complaining about the refereeing last night, just lol... It would have been 1-0 to West Ham if the officials did their job properly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-klopp-west-brom-draw-hawthorns-a8316111.html

Last year he got all bent out of shape because West Brom earned a 'useless draw' suggesting there was no point to them trying and accused them of drying the pitch out. Don't know how he gets his nice guy reputation when he's a nasty and bitter cretin after matches and has to backtrack.

His selection was wrong last night, Keita isn't ready for the first team and the Dubai training camp has seemed to affect their form. Those are the things he needs to take on the chin.

I won't be salty if Liverpool do win it, they've identified the problems in their squad and bought well but questions have to be asked if Klopp fails to deliver again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That Dubai training camp which seemingly let us storm opposition after returning from last year in the CL? That must be the reason for the drop in form, not injuries, poor tactics and incredible lapses during set pieces. (Along with natural dips teams experience throughout a season). Also we’ve been gash since the congested Christmas fixture list and are lucky we won a game in January before the Dubai trip

At least our bitter and nasty cretin doesn’t send out our players to injure the other teams when we’ve bottled winning a trophy :)

Don
I’ve already told you I follow Liverpool quite closely, it was at the same time I told you the club I support.

Who I remind you of again has nothing to do with anything other than your own misconceptions.
You didn't. All you've ever said is you weren't an Evertonian. Happy to apologise if you can link to the post where you told me though.
Oh no I've upset some people.

Only seems to be Klopp that makes bizarre comments like the weather when both teams would have had to play in the same conditions. Also complaining about the refereeing last night, just lol... It would have been 1-0 to West Ham if the officials did their job properly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-klopp-west-brom-draw-hawthorns-a8316111.html

Last year he got all bent out of shape because West Brom earned a 'useless draw' suggesting there was no point to them trying and accused them of drying the pitch out. Don't know how he gets his nice guy reputation when he's a nasty and bitter cretin.

His selection was wrong last night, Keita isn't ready for the first team and the Dubai training camp has seemed to affect their form. Those are the things he needs to take on the chin.

Glad you followed up with more of the same. Do you know what Klopp meant when he called it a useless draw? No, it wasn't suggesting they shouldn't try - he was saying that the draw was useless to both sides as we both needed to win. As you've done, a lot of people like to twist things though. As for it only being Klopp that comments on things like the pitch, 5 seconds on google and I've found headlines like "Pochettino blames pitch for late miss" - Poch actually goes the whole way and directly said that was the reason why Spurs didn't equalise vs City. Nasty cretin - Poch, not you obviously before anybody misinterprets things. Stating that conditions are bad is not making excuses, not unless he says that was the sole or biggest reason for the outcome. I can't recall the West Brom press-conference but I'm sure, just like he done vs Leicester he would have said it wasn't an excuse and spent far longer discussing the technical and tactical things the team done wrong but that doesn't write headlines that you and others only like to read.

As for getting his selection wrong, obviously you didn't watch the press-conference and just read 1 line snippets on twitter or else you'd be aware that Wijnaldum and Henderson both picked up knocks in the training session the day before the game. I don't think he had too many options in terms of selection, certainly not in midfield or defence anyway. The only decision he had to make was whether to go with a 4-2-3-1 and play Shaqiri instead of Lallana but given as you say, Keita is having a rough patch at the moment I think it's fairly understandable why he chose to go with the 4-3-3 instead, with the extra man in midfield.

edit: If you wanted to discuss what went wrong last night though and seeing as I couldn't be bothered to right too much about it last night, expecting the sort of nonsense posts that you've made today, I will.

Our back line looks all over the place right now, particularly down the right hand side. Before you complain it's not an excuse but the injury situation explains a lot of that. It's not just down to the individual positions and playing players out of position but the lack of continuity at the back - we're having to make changes to our back 4 every game. The complete lack of organisation when defending set-plays probably highlighted that. We were too lightweight in midfield - I think Fabinho has and will be fantastic for us but there's still a small nagging doubt over him getting overrun at times and playing in a 4-3-3, which Klopp has already said he's not comfortable with, with an out of sorts Keita and Lallana alongside him only made things worse. Without Wijnaldum we really lack the control in midfield that has contributed massively to the success we've had this season.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You’re the one making the claim I haven’t when I know I have, you can spend your own time trawling back through posts if you’re so bothered by it :) no apology needed.
It would make life a lot easier for us if you just say who you support, as I’ve been on this forum for a long time and I don’t recall you ever saying it. I don’t kno why you need to be so evasive about it. Its not like we’re asking for your bank details!

Caporegime
It would make life a lot easier for us if you just say who you support, as I’ve been on this forum for a long time and I don’t recall you ever saying it. I don’t kno why you need to be so evasive about it. Its not like we’re asking for your bank details!

I’m not being evasive, I enjoy the wind up as I know I’ve posted it before (just went back and checked). It really shouldn’t be difficult for a forum mod to find it.

This is the weirdest flirting.

Really cute isn’t it, I’ve never had a follower before.

Don
Really, don't worry about it rob. Ayahuasca knows I think he's an Everton supporter, he regularly denies it but to my recollection he's never said who he supports. Maybe one day he'll admit it.

Caporegime
Some would say you’re trolling now.

If that’s what you make of it then fine, he consistently asks the question despite being told previously. Only the other day he accused me of being an Everton fan for about the fifth time.

It also had nothing to do with the discussion and if he feels it’s trolling then he’s well within his rights to exercise his forum powers.

Don
If that’s what you make of it then fine, he consistently asks the question despite being told previously. Only the other day he accused me of being an Everton fan for about the fifth time.

It also had nothing to do with the discussion and if he feels it’s trolling then he’s well within his rights to exercise his forum powers.
I've explained why I ask who you support numerous times. If you want to criticise others for perceived bias or defending their club then it's only fair you say who you support. You say that you've said who you support but I certainly don't recall you saying and seemingly nobody else knows who you support either.

As a side point, when you're so quick to make these snide remarks it could eventually be seen as trolling. When you know who somebody supports it does sometimes explain why they post certain things. For instance, I know Janesy supports Spurs so when he makes the comments he has, it certainly seems like he's trying to deflect the criticism that's aimed at Spurs and he's being a hypocrite, just like when he accused Liverpool supporters of making excuses when we lost to Wolves, only to write the same things when Spurs got knocked out the FA Cup. Maybe had I not known who he supported it could have been seen as an attempt to troll.

Caporegime
The club I support in no way reflects any comments I make on Liverpool, they’re the team I follow in the Premier League (I.e. the only teams games I will regularly watch on TV) that’s why it may appear I only make “snide” remarks about them.

I support (as in buy tickets and go to games, do the odd chant) a local club with a few thousand fans.

I hope that clears up further misconceptions made from you on my posts on Liverpool.

Don
The club I support in no way reflects any comments I make on Liverpool, they’re the team I follow in the Premier League (I.e. the only teams games I will regularly watch on TV) that’s why it may appear I only make “snide” remarks about them.

I support (as in buy tickets and go to games, do the odd chant) a local club with a few thousand fans.

I hope that clears up further misconceptions made from you on my posts on Liverpool.

Gateshead!

Back
Top Bottom