Fixtures on Sky:
wda55RW.png
TV:

wda55RW.png
Radio:
Tables:
wda55RW.png

Caporegime
There is a reason why both Paul Merson is the stupidest guy on earth and I said Arsenal should go for Silva.... because he's a god damned magician.

I did some numbers a long while back but where Alladyce and Clement at Swansea spent some reasonable money last Jan, Silva spent nothing, took over by far the worst team of the three and had the biggest points per game gain of the three teams. Had Hull had a few more points and given him a few million more Hull would likely have stayed up. The change in quality of football at Hull and their form was nothing short of amazing and it looks to me like Silva is doing incredibly well at Watford this year.

Not only is he getting his teams to play decent looking football, he's winning games, Watford were a disaster away last year but have been pretty much amazing away so far this season. Last season Watford being 2nd worst goal difference away, this season they were 3rd best away in the league so far before this game.

Silva has fixed a dire defence, improved the offence and is in general doing great. He really strikes me as fairly similar to Poch, improved every single aspect of the team, crucially able to drastically improve the ability, form, motivation of the existing players as well as bring in players that do well for the team.

Caporegime
RIcharlison has that kinda Quaresma thing about him, at times magic but does something stupid and messes up like 80% of the time. Quaresma never grew out of it though, if Richarlison can go the way of Ronaldo, become much more consistent as he gets experience and older he could be pretty amazing.

Caporegime
I'd be unhappy to lose that as a Watford fan, but happy to see the game and attitude. They could easily have taken the win and played great for most of the game, most importantly they went to the reigning champions unafraid to lose and with the intention to win. Great game to watch and so far Watford have been good to watch all season.

Back
Top Bottom