Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th February 2020]

Caporegime
VAR official should have got a tape measure out and closely analysed the scratch along the Chelsea players leg, luckily his leg wasn't broken.

Caporegime
VAR now admitting that it should have been a red card now that they've done their utmost to keep the game alive by not giving it, too much flexibility for match fixing with this VAR implementation.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yet he got nothing for the challenge on Azpi. Clowns.

Haven't really see the Alpi one but honestly, I don't like to see players sent off unless you are sure its a nasty tackle and not just an accident. If you watch Rugby you will know that watching anything in slow motion makes even the most innocuous "foul" look nasty and pre-meditated. Slow motion replays should only be used for offside decisions and perhaps penalties.

Soldato
That's among the clearest red cards I've ever seen - if a ref hadn't given it in the pre-VAR days he'd have been pilloried. The ref missing it and VAR not overturning it is absurd. It needs binning.

Soldato
Haven't really see the Alpi one but honestly, I don't like to see players sent off unless you are sure its a nasty tackle and not just an accident. If you watch Rugby you will know that watching anything in slow motion makes even the most innocuous "foul" look nasty and pre-meditated. Slow motion replays should only be used for offside decisions and perhaps penalties.
I don't like seeing players sent off either, and a lot of the time purported stamps or elbows are natural movements and unavoidable, but at best the Lo Celso one was dangerous play and at worst it's an attempt to end a career. Either way it's a clear red

Soldato
VAR is just a laughing stock now.

Why doesn't the on-field ref have a look at the monitor for himself?

The system is obviously here to stay, but it needs a total overhaul on how it's implemented, because at the moment it's harming the game as a spectacle.

Soldato
Lol at Mourinho's post match interview, doing a Wenger on the red card incident.

"I didn't see it, didn't look at it on the monitor."

Jose, you were two feet away from it! :p

'My players were tired ..."

What you need is a winter break...oh wait.

Caporegime
Definitely doesn't look intentional to me, the way he instantly reach out to check he's ok. Looks to me like he's just trying to shield the ball and Azpi slides in and takes it away as he's doing it.

Soldato
In a period when schematically coached teams are dominant and successful, representing the next evolution of football, Mourinho is a relic from a bygone age.

The red should have been given but it was unintentional

Back
Top Bottom