Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2014]

Soldato
Baker, again, has been woeful. Completely out muscled by Crouch for the second and I have no idea what the third goal was about. How we kept a Chelsea side that scored 6 against Arsenal out last week but can't even contain Stoke I'll never know.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Watched the Spurs game live on Sky & loved it, My Eldest Nephews team & we're real close so I was chuffed to bits to see them get the late winner.
Awesome weekends footy. :cool:

Soldato
Urgh, embarrassing. Said to my dad when we scored let's hope we don't do what Norwich did and low and behond, 4-1 after going 1-0 up...

I won tickets to the Fulham game in 2 weeks, almost don't want to make the trip if they're going to play like that.

Thankfully a lot worse teams (points wise that is) than we are so we should be fine. I think we'll get 8 points from our last 8 games so that'll take us to 42.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are Liverpool fans such ******s?

You have one slightly good season in around 3-4 years and you think you have the right to criticize just about every other team/player in the PL.

If it wasn't for the fact you have 2 goal scoring machines upfront you would be stuffed.

Spurs a meaningless team? LOL Bore off. Did you enjoy finishing below Spurs for the past few years?

Last edited:
Soldato
because they are scousers and well it's the first time in a loooong time they have had a chance to win the title (will be between chelsea and city though) this season could just be a one off though next season will tell anyway and europe could find them out

Caporegime
Top ten finish and top Midlands club this season will do nicely.

Have they in general been playing better football? I haven't watched that many Stoke games, I kind of got the impression they were trying to play more passing but seemed to revert to physicality away from home. Has the more recent improvement been attacking play finally clicking together or reverting back to physical play, mix of both?

My general opinion of Hughes is high but he's not an impact manager, his teams usually show a pretty big improvement after 6-8 months, at QPR he didn't really get that as he rebuilt the team over summer and was fired before they started to get results.

I assumed Stoke would gradually play better at home and maybe start playing away from home if they get a run/confidence with home games but thought second half of the season would be the real measure of how well he's doing.

Also under the impression Pulis spent about 20mil average every year since promotion but Hughes has spent more like 5mil with a few cheaper deals/swaps/free transfer added in so in those terms he's doing pretty damn well?

Back
Top Bottom