Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [22 - 26th December 2012]

Soldato
Touched a nerve :D

To be fair the link was rubbish, but it is a bit strange how Fergie gets away with it everytime and he clearly does influence the refs despite how much you may want to deny it.

Not in regards to what actually happens no, just in regard to how stupid you have to be to believe it.

The amount of penalties, offside goals, incorrect yellow cards, sending offs and fouls not given in Uniteds favor in the last 3 years alone (around about the time this nonsense really started to gather steam) disprove it outright.

You even get people now saying that decisions are given against United just to try and prove that they dont get all the decisions.

Soldato
yernited fans response is always funny whenever anyone brings up how ex referess come out with comments about preferential treatment (essesentely sticking their finges in their ears whilst screaming la la la at the top of their voices and making pithy comments about other teams).

As for penalties, there is a chart roaming around that shows the amount of pens they get increases the years they dont win jack all (last year they had 11 for example with the next closest being 7 or 8 I beleive).

Soldato
Not in regards to what actually happens no, just in regard to how stupid you have to be to believe it.

The amount of penalties, offside goals, incorrect yellow cards, sending offs and fouls not given in Uniteds favor in the last 3 years alone (around about the time this nonsense really started to gather steam) disprove it outright.

You even get people now saying that decisions are given against United just to try and prove that they dont get all the decisions.

To be honest it tends not to bother me but just recently he's been getting more and more ridiculous in his comments and it tends towards boring when that dominates the headlines. I'm fed up of hearing the **** he talks, as if the world is against him personally. As DM said, he has lost the plot.

Soldato
Sir Alex Ferguson has defended his conduct on Boxing Day, launched a withering attack on Alan Pardew and labelled Newcastle a "wee club."

The Manchester United has been heavily criticised for his behaviour in the 4-3 win in which he was seen to remonstrate with Mike Dean and his assistants.

Pardew said Ferguson should have been punished, and that Dean may regret not reporting the United boss to the FA.

But Ferguson said: "I was demonstrative but I was not out of order. The press have had a field day. The only person they have not spoken to is Barack Obama because he is busy.

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east.

"I was demonstrative. I am always demonstrative. Everyone knows that. I am an emotional guy. But I was not abusive.

"I shouted Mike over. We walked towards each other. I was only on (the pitch) three or four yards. That has been overplayed.

"The problem for me is that the profile of this club is huge.

"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me. He is the worst at haranguing referees. He shoves them and makes a joke of it. How he can criticise me is unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him, by the way."

Pardew was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £20,000 after accepting an FA charge of improper conduct for pushing an assistant referee earlier this season.

He was sent off during the 2-1 win over Tottenham on August 18 at St James' Park when he pushed Peter Kirkup after claiming the ball had gone out of play during a Spurs attack.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...son-hits-out-at-Alan-Pardew-and-wee-Newcastle

BOOM HEADSHOT

Caporegime
I was going to make a thread regarding Alex Ferguson asking if officials like Mike Dean are intimidated by him, in my opinon they are. Ferguson shouted at the fourth official, the linesman and Mike Dean himself as if they were his players and Mike Dean didn't even give a mention to him in his post match report.

The recent "RvP could have been killed" debacle proves that when Ferguson says something no matter how ridiculous the media run with it as if he's the voice of god, so what referee in their right mind will want to upset him and be publically flogged by the media? and if officials are intimidated by his stature within the game and what he will say about them what effect is this having on their on pitch partiality?

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
laughable from ferguson.

nothing like keeping cool under pressure.

I would love it if this was his "I would love it..." moment.

More proof that's he's a **** who thinks he can (and probably will) get away with anything.

We all know he's talking **** though so it hardly matters, just making him look even more of a fool. Wonder what he will come out with next :p

a fat, old, alcoholic, Scottish ****.

Let's all get personal :D

Soldato
Now that's 52,000 fans that want you dead. Happy New Year you scottish *****

Nothing much has changed then

edit - any journo "backlash" wont be any different from any other day. is it likely to make any blip on his conciousness (or any other high-profile manager for that matter) - highly unlikely

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom