Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th August 2019]

Don
I really don't see the 'Luiz is an upgrade' arguement. He cannot defend and directly cost Arsenal 2 goals yesterday. He's not an upgrade, he's just as much of a liability as Koscielny and Mustafi.

Caporegime
He seemed to escape criticism for his involvement in Burnley's goal but he was camped on the 6 yard box while his teammates were holding their line on the 18 yard box. If that's what his defensive ability and communication brings to the team you've got to question how bad the rest are to for him to be an upgrade.

The pass he played to Torreira yesterday was almost perfect and he's clearly one of the better passers in their team so a role as a DM might work better for all invloved.

Associate
VAR screwing City again I see, how is that
not a penalty?

The system is a joke.

I think they are trying to not over VAR matches. Emerson should really have been a red on VAR, high and reckless and out of control. I think they want to stop every decision being a VAR decision and therefore the bar to overruling is high.

At the other end a city player was pulling on the shirt in the area, if we want a game ruled by VAR it’s a card and a penalty, but the game will become quite different from what we have now.

Caporegime
I think they are trying to not over VAR matches. Emerson should really have been a red on VAR, high and reckless and out of control. I think they want to stop every decision being a VAR decision and therefore the bar to overruling is high.

At the other end a city player was pulling on the shirt in the area, if we want a game ruled by VAR it’s a card and a penalty, but the game will become quite different from what we have now.

If it goes to a review the correct decision should be made, it’s as simple as that. It’s a blatant penalty just like last week.

Associate
If it goes to a review the correct decision should be made, it’s as simple as that. It’s a blatant penalty just like last week.

Then Bournemouth should have had a penalty for a shirt pull and Emerson should have been sent off. I think we need to decided what level of interference of VAR we want. Before the season everyone wanted as little VAR as possible, but when it comes to their team they want every decision. There needs to be a balance or everything 100% from VAR, but we can’t pick a chose.

Caporegime
Then Bournemouth should have had a penalty for a shirt pull and Emerson should have been sent off. I think we need to decided what level of interference of VAR we want. Before the season everyone wanted as little VAR as possible, but when it comes to their team they want every decision. There needs to be a balance or everything 100% from VAR, but we can’t pick a chose.

Ederson should in no way have been sent off and the tiny tug on the arm isn’t enough to be a foul in my eyes.

Thankfully Wilson isn’t a cheat and still went through to get a shot away, there wasn’t even a decision for VAR to make.

The point is when something goes to VAR the correct decision should be returned otherwise it’s pointless.

Back
Top Bottom