Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd February - 1st March 2018]

Don
Opened ArsenalFanTV for some evening entertainment to find they had their own 5th year anniversary party! Robbie has made far too much money from Arsenal being ****. He must be like Combat Fighter, celebrating the oppo winning.
Did you get my email Robbo?
I deleted it and the reply that quoted your post. How did the trial go? Are you Bellerin?

Permabanned
The main thing that will determine the winners in the next several seasons is how long Pep will stay with City.
If he stays longer, I think no one will be able to contest the first place in the PL.

Who can change Wenger? Thierry Henry?! And if Pep remains with City, what will Henry be able to achieve?

Soldato
Opened ArsenalFanTV for some evening entertainment to find they had their own 5th year anniversary party! Robbie has made far too much money from Arsenal being ****. He must be like Combat Fighter, celebrating the oppo winning.

I deleted it and the reply that quoted your post. How did the trial go? Are you Bellerin?

Thanks, much appreciated. Yes, some good did come of certain trials, especially coaching roles. :)

Chelsea style downing of tools from the players and I can't blame them.

I don't think it's downing of tools, we'll see a different side in the Europa League.

Permabanned
I don't think it's downing of tools, we'll see a different side in the Europa League.

Against AC Milan and in Italy, and after these defeats, and without the needed positive energy and team spirit?!
It will be tough! AC Milan are a very serious club.

Caporegime
Thanks, much appreciated. Yes, some good did come of certain trials, especially coaching roles. :)

Really?? You think somehow that Arsenal will be better in the Europa league?? Remind me who beat us at the Emirates in the last game of Europa league?? Ostersunds lol. Just lucky that we battered them at their home ground or that could have been embarrassing. Well it was when Ostersunds beat us at home.

This whole team from the manager down is embarrassing now. I don’t even know where to begin with these overpaid muppets that make up the arsenal squad now.

Soldato
Really?? You think somehow that Arsenal will be better in the Europa league?? Remind me who beat us at the Emirates in the last game of Europa league?? Ostersunds lol. Just lucky that we battered them at their home ground or that could have been embarrassing. Well it was when Ostersunds beat us at home.

This whole team from the manager down is embarrassing now. I don’t even know where to begin with these overpaid muppets that make up the arsenal squad now.

Yeah, I do believe they will be better in the EL. The home game at Ostersunds was shocking, I know, but it was only because they thumped them in the previous round, they took their foot off the gas. I think Arsenal can win the EL this year, although Atletico are going to be hard, that would be a good final.

Against AC Milan and in Italy, and after these defeats, and without the needed positive energy and team spirit?!
It will be tough! AC Milan are a very serious club.

Is it going to be tough, I think they'll have enough to see them off though

Caporegime
Yeah, I do believe they will be better in the EL. The home game at Ostersunds was shocking, I know, but it was only because they thumped them in the previous round, they took their foot off the gas. I think Arsenal can win the EL this year, although Atletico are going to be hard, that would be a good final.

Is it going to be tough, I think they'll have enough to see them off though
Well I’ll give you credit for still believing in the team to win the EL.
Personally I’ve lost all hope, well all hope went out the window when we lost the title to Leicester. Since then absolutely no faith in this team and the past year we have been getting progressively worse and worse.

Every week it’s been an absolute crap fest from us. Not sure what is going on but to me it seems like the players just aren’t bothered about playing or putting any effort in anymore. Well bar one or 2 players but even then it looks like they are slowly losing faith now.

Soldato
Well I’ll give you credit for still believing in the team to win the EL.
Personally I’ve lost all hope, well all hope went out the window when we lost the title to Leicester. Since then absolutely no faith in this team and the past year we have been getting progressively worse and worse.

Every week it’s been an absolute crap fest from us. Not sure what is going on but to me it seems like the players just aren’t bothered about playing or putting any effort in anymore. Well bar one or 2 players but even then it looks like they are slowly losing faith now.

They might not be arsed about the Premiership, which is hard to get your head around, I know, they are paid a fortune, I get it.
The EL will be different though, the mentality will be a lot better because they can win it, of course they can, it's a toss up between a few sides. Dortmund, Atletico, Arsenal, Milan and maybe another side, not sure who

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its pretty disgraceful when the players just don't give a **** for a manger who has been there for as long as Wenger. Its not like they are going out there and being asked to play like robots or to play **** football. The players are a massive part of Arsenals problem. The first City goal last night was a fantastic strike, the other two were decent play from City mixed with utterly awful defending. None of the Arsenal players gave a single **** that there ware 2 City players in space a few meters from their goal when there were 5 or more Arsenal players in the box.

City didn't play that well and like at the weekend they really didn't have to. They are playing against an Arsenal side who won't go in for a 50/50. Who won't put in any effort to make tackles or break up the play with a tactical foul. Arsenal who stand around after conceding and just put their hands on their hips as if to say "oh well".

City are the better team even if Arsenal play to their potential but they outclassed Arsenal in every area of the game massively last night. Effort, commitment, desire, ruthlessness. You can get rid of Wenger but I have no idea who they would get in who could turn this around. People talking about Simeone amaze me. He wouldn't go near a squad with so little spine or work ethic. Arsenal fans would complain bitterly when he sacrifices attacking play for solid defence.

Caporegime
They might not be arsed about the Premiership, which is hard to get your head around, I know, they are paid a fortune, I get it.
The EL will be different though, the mentality will be a lot better because they can win it, of course they can, it's a toss up between a few sides. Dortmund, Atletico, Arsenal, Milan and maybe another side, not sure who

You realise Arsenal were disgraceful in a cup final a few freaking days ago? But you think the mentality will be better just because we 'could' win the europa cup? Have you seen Arsenal play in the past 8 years, have you seen the mentality of our team in europe? When we played a weaker Monaco or Milan side in the CL in the round of 16 we what... crumbled like ******. What happened last year against Bayern? It's not about the quality of the opposition, you're making a claim that the players don't care about the premiership but their mentality will be better in a cup, despite the horrendous performance in the cup final in the cup no one cares about, in a game City weren't particularly good we were still woeful. We were woeful again last night in what could have been their chance to at least show they aren't crap. Last year against Bayern, maybe we would lose regardless but they couldn't get it up for a good performance and at least not embarrass themselves. But you think because it's a cup we're going to magically find a winning mentality we've lacked for over a decade now and failed to show literally 5 freaking days ago?

Soldato
I realise DM. City are playing very well this season, it's very difficult to beat them, they could be the best side in the world at the moment, I wouldn't exactly look at the League Cup final as a sign that we can't do well in the Europa League. We'll just have to see at the end of the day, but I do believe they will be better in the EL.

Soldato
I've seen it said more than once by people in the know that the training and match preparation at Arsenal is a joke by modern standards. Not enough instruction, not enough tactical stuff... just a 'express yourself, focus on your game' sort of thing, ignoring the opposition. This may well have been effective back when we could keep the ball and had a lot of artistry in the team, but not now, and so is it any wonder they look lost when what they're doing isn't working? As Gunnerblog pointed out yesterday, Wenger just sat passively for the whole game; he didn't try to change anything, didn't even bother to rest anyone by making substitutions. Obviously there are players not putting in a full shift but it's hard to point the finger at them too much if they're just being thrown out onto the pitch and told to play their game. We were better with Almunia and Denilson in the team than we are now and Wenger is clearly out of ideas as to get anything more from the players - you can't make wholesale changes to a team overnight, or over a transfer window, but you can change the guy in the dugout.

Soldato
i feel a bit sorry for wenger. if he's not careful, he'll be remembered for the bad times as oppossed to the good. let's be honest, he's been one of the best managers in the pl but the past 4 years have been questionable.

Soldato
i feel a bit sorry for wenger. if he's not careful, he'll be remembered for the bad times as oppossed to the good. let's be honest, he's been one of the best managers in the pl but the past 4 years have been questionable.

Questionable but still won more than Man Utd. Liverpool and Tottenham in those 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom