Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 27th August 2018]

Man of Honour
You can't just blame Mourinho, there are problems all over, but the buck always stops with the manager and he's consistently set a negative tone since being appointed. Disappointing, he's never turned anything like this around and no signs of that here.

Soldato
You can't just blame Mourinho, there are problems all over, but the buck always stops with the manager and he's consistently set a negative tone since being appointed. Disappointing, he's never turned anything like this around and no signs of that here.
It’s just irritating that it will drag on and on and there’s ‘only’ Zidane that’s likely. Still can’t see him being much better.

Associate
United need to keep to their word at some point and stick with a manager for the long haul. It took Alex ferguson some time to stamp his mark and have success, and hat was in a much less competitive era. You can’t expect a manager to win the league in the first 3/4 years of their time at a club I don’t think.

I personally would give someone young a chance, like an Eddie Howe or similar, just like we’ve done with Poch. Who can grow along with the squad. They’re in the journey together.

Don
They're probably the only big club that would look at him but even then, he'd be a last resort. He's damaged goods now and burned so many bridges throughout Europe that it's really difficult to see where he'll go after Utd. If I was to bet on anything I'd bet on him going for an International job.

Soldato

He set a negative tone long before he was appointed utd manager. You knew what you were getting.

United need to keep to their word at some point and stick with a manager for the long haul. It took Alex ferguson some time to stamp his mark and have success, and hat was in a much less competitive era. You can’t expect a manager to win the league in the first 3/4 years of their time at a club I don’t think.

Agreed.

Caporegime

When you're spending the kind of money he's spent, they should be putting up more of a challenge than getting dry bummed at home to a Spurs side who haven't even played particularly well.

Lukaku needs dropping, if you can't score into an empty net at 0-0 then you shouldn't be on the pitch. Completely different game if that goes in.

fez

fez

Caporegime

You can't but most of a managers job is to drill the way the team plays and get the most out of his players. Mourinho has done neither. When your team is playing far worse than the sum of its parts thats the managers fault. When the team has 0 idea how to attack or defend properly thats the managers fault. Our defenders haven't suddenly gone from being good enough for a 2nd place team to utter **** over the summer. Mourinho has just done what he always does and leaves his club in a bit of a mess when he leaves. You just have to hope that the few years he was there have yielded a few trophies.

Caporegime
Scrappy match really. I thought Spurs were lucky not to be losing at half time but second half United played like a pub team. Lukaku gets worse every time I see him.

Associate
When you're spending the kind of money he's spent, they should be putting up more of a challenge than getting dry bummed at home to a Spurs side who haven't even played particularly well.

Lukaku needs dropping, if you can't score into an empty net at 0-0 then you shouldn't be on the pitch. Completely different game if that goes in.
I hear you, but then if you look impartially over the last 3 seasons (forgetting names and history, and the like) Spurs have been consistently challenging for the title (or at least pushing for 2nd). United have struggled since Ferguson left. So I completely agree you wouldn’t expect to lose at home to anyone, but playing Spurs is almost like playing Man City, based on recent years form. Or at least the same as playing against Chelsea or City.

Losing to Brighton is a different matter.

Not saying it shouldn’t be disappointing as a United fan, it always is losing at home, but if the fixture was reversed United shouldn’t be surprised to lose to Spurs.

Don
All the focus will be on Utd but that's a statement win from Spurs. For all their problems with players arriving back late for pre-season, no transfers and the stadium issue, they're 3 from 3, including a win away at OT.
Manu fans singing your getting sacked in the morning?
Unlikely. Probably Spurs fans singing it.

Back
Top Bottom