Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 27th December 2018]

Don
Salah is stronger than that, players have arms on each other all the time - so the next time Salah out muscles a defender and scores, the goal should be disallowed for a foul on the defender?

Salah felt the minimal contact and threw himself to the ground. His legs just stop moving. Blame the referees for not awarding stuff when they should - but mostly this problem is caused by players constantly trying to trick and deceive the officials into awarding penalties in the first place. Like when Salah dived against Crystal Palace...

I have no idea exactly what you're comparing in your first sentence. Fairly outmuscling a player is comparable to a defender making no attempt to play a ball and just pulling his arm? That's plain nonsense.

You're right, Salah threw himself to the ground yesterday but as I've already explained, I couldn't give a ****. FWIW, I'm sure I said the same for the Kane penalty vs Liverpool. Just the other week Salah was tripped in the area vs Napoli, stayed on his feet and ended up having to attempt a lob on his weak foot from a tight angle when he would have got a pen had he gone down. Why on earth is he going to stay on his feet in future? It is madness. He was pulled back yesterday and he was tripped 3 times in the Palace game - could he have stayed on his feet? Probably but both were fouls and fouls that he wouldn't have received had he stayed on his feet.

You're right that officials are only part of the problem. You have players like Vardy and Ashley Barnes that regularly barge into defenders and throw themselves to the ground. You then have the likes of Dele Alli that throws himself to the ground regularly under no contact at all. I can't say I've noticed you as vocal on that as you are now.

Don
Same guy that said Boly's elbow on Perez was 'just a thing that happens'. Clueless bell.
He's not clueless, he just looks for any possible reason to defend the decisions made by the officials.

The other year he said it was right that the official allowed a Giroud handball goal vs Burnley(?) because there was no intent yet last season he defended the ref in the Liverpool - West Brom game when Solanke had a goal ruled out for an unintentional handball. He even acknowledged that there was no intent but then came out with something about you can't score with your hands.

The pen yesterday was soft and Salah could have stayed up but it was a foul. There is no reason for Dummett to pull Salah's arm other than to impede him and he made no complaint when the penalty was awarded either so it makes you think he knew it was a foul.

Back
Top Bottom