Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Ugh, woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday and there would be some football on to help me through the day of project work...

Nope, it's just Friday. Back to daytime TV!

Think we'll get trounced by Spurs; Lennon and Bale will easily expose our defensive problems :(
Hopefully Adkins puts out a proper team on Sunday with players in the correct positions but I can't see it. Too much faffing.

Ugh, woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday and there would be some football on to help me through the day of project work...

Nope, it's just Friday. Back to daytime TV!

Same :D

I'm half asleep I've just crawled out of bed, thought it was Saturday I'm going to a gig Saturday night so I was excited, now I'm disappointed and putting off doing work by convincing myself I need a hair cut and then I'll go to work!

Boo.

Gervinho is not a good footballer, in some games he'll put in a couple simple goals. A much better player can be good in almost every game and is every bit as capable of scoring a tap in, but offers so so so much more to the team throughout 90 minutes that having Gervinho in is nothing short of a waste of a position.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out that what range you score goals from isn't a good indication of talent or effectiveness :)

Hopefully Wenger will pick a decent team today, considering Gibbs is out and assuming AOC passes a late fitness test I'd go:

----------------------Mannone-----------------------
Jenkinson-----Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----Vermaelen
-----------------------------------------------------
----------------------Arteta-------------------------
------------ Wilshere---------Cazorla------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
---Chamberlain--------Giroud-----------Podolski---

No doubt we'll have Santos at left back, Ramsey in midfield and Gervinho on the right wing though. :rolleyes:

Think we'll get trounced by Spurs; Lennon and Bale will easily expose our defensive problems :(
Hopefully Adkins puts out a proper team on Sunday with players in the correct positions but I can't see it. Too much faffing.

Yep :(

Thankfully we have generally stopped the Burley-style thing of playing people miles out of position, just lack any real left backs at the moment.

Just hoping Spurs turn up tired and disjointed from midweek football...

I'd go with that, if AOC isn't fit then Arshavin has to start. There is no one else who can play there! Why can every Arsenal fan see what needs to change but Wenger can't.

Because Wenger lost his mind/balls/both 7-8 years ago.

I'd start Arshavin on the wing and AOC if fit(and depending on exactly how serious his injury is, IE he's fine but it would be safer to not play him) in the middle for Wilshire.

Wilshire really shouldn't be started in a game yet, and I don't think QPR are dirty but Park seems to be tackling badly lately, Cisse is a red card waiting to happen, Onoura, Nelson, Hill if they played are all prone to late/stupid tackles and I wouldn't play Wilshire against a physical team yet. They aren't Stoke by any means and a few of the more idiotic defenders are unlikely to start, its just too big a risk yet, not to mention if he starts off with zero form compared to before and isn't good... we can't really take a bad performance right now.

Just reading Wengers latest interview/press conference, saying Arsenal aren't fragile, that we were okay against Schalke in the first half.... what god damn game was he watching. Hunterlaar missed his good chances in the first half, and they took them in the second, we were equally crap in both. This seems to be Wengers problem, like a "normal" fan, we don't concede and he deems it a good performance. I've said for years now, if we are crap but manage a draw or even a win, like Stoke/Sunderland early in the season Wenger takes it as a good performance and doesn't look to improve, then we put in the same performance against a proper team and we get beaten.

We never improve mostly because Wenger can't spot crap players anymore, he sticks with those not performing, and he can't even spot a poor team performance anymore..... we were okay in the first half.... I have no idea what planet he's living on these days.

Refs need to be less lenient on where throw ins are taken from. The ball went out right by the corner flag in Villa's half and the Villa player took it about 10-15 feet further up the pitch..

Been a fairly poor game with nobody of either side showing any real quality apart from Hoolahan.

Back
Top Bottom