Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [29th October - 2nd November 2011]

Soldato
Bar an out of sorts Arsenal side and Spurs, both at home, their fixture list has been incredbily kind compared to say, Bolton. Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham at home, Wolves, Villa (they're not a 'good side', for the record) and Sunderland, that's an incredibly cushty set of games. And not a dig at Newcastle by any means but Cabaye really should be playing for a much bigger club, I'm still amazed that Lille's clause in his deal was £4m which in the grand scheme of things is absolutely nothing.

Also fair play to Billy Sharp tonight for playing and scoring after the loss of his two day old son, takes a big pair of balls to go cross the white line and play after going through all that, respect.

Last edited:
Associate
Also fair play to Billy Sharp tonight for playing and scoring after the loss of his two day old son, takes a big pair of balls to go cross the white line and play after going through all that, respect.

Plus a big win for common sense as the ref didn't book him for this after he scored

2yklwf9.jpg

Permabanned
i actually think stoke need to replace Delap now.

A point that i haven't seen raised is, do stoke still need the long throw???? they are a good footballing side, they will stay up without Delap and his long throw now.

I think they urgently need to look at replacing him, hes 35/36 now and with a young speedy winger with a good cross on the left hand side they could really start to kick on.

Soldato
That's really sad for Billy Sharp :( I knew he wasn't playing on saturday and its really good on him to come back and play today!

For smiles though, top of the league by 5 points now :) Le Champ has been a bit too simple so far...

Man of Honour
i actually think stoke need to replace Delap now.

A point that i haven't seen raised is, do stoke still need the long throw???? they are a good footballing side, they will stay up without Delap and his long throw now.

I think they urgently need to look at replacing him, hes 35/36 now and with a young speedy winger with a good cross on the left hand side they could really start to kick on.

Not sure what you are saying about left wing, he doesn't play there, that's Etherington's position.

The way I look at it Stoke, are tough to play against at the Brittannia because they have two wingers who can ping balls in for Crouch/Jones, if you put it out for a corner then Huth/Shawcross/Upson etc come up, if you put it out for a throw then Delap launches it in.

Stoke are about more than just long throws but that doesn't change the fact that it's a useful weapon to have in the locker.

Soldato
Bar an out of sorts Arsenal side and Spurs, both at home, their fixture list has been incredbily kind compared to say, Bolton. Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham at home, Wolves, Villa (they're not a 'good side', for the record) and Sunderland, that's an incredibly cushty set of games. And not a dig at Newcastle by any means but Cabaye really should be playing for a much bigger club, I'm still amazed that Lille's clause in his deal was £4m which in the grand scheme of things is absolutely nothing.

What other good sides is there apart from the top 6? :D

We just seem to be the best of the rest.

There no doubt now that Newcastle have quite a few very talented players on their cards with strength in depth apart from defense.

If Pieter's does come in jan. I see him going into leftback and santon playing rb. Have a feeling Simpson will be sold

Last edited:
Permabanned
Not sure what you are saying about left wing, he doesn't play there, that's Etherington's position.

The way I look at it Stoke, are tough to play against at the Brittannia because they have two wingers who can ping balls in for Crouch/Jones, if you put it out for a corner then Huth/Shawcross/Upson etc come up, if you put it out for a throw then Delap launches it in.

Stoke are about more than just long throws but that doesn't change the fact that it's a useful weapon to have in the locker.

no i didnt mean Delap plays there. I mean they need to replace him and get another winger in. a top class CM/Winger and they will be flying.

Soldato
Bar an out of sorts Arsenal side and Spurs, both at home, their fixture list has been incredbily kind compared to say, Bolton. Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham at home, Wolves, Villa (they're not a 'good side', for the record) and Sunderland, that's an incredibly cushty set of games.

What happend to there are no easy games in the premier league(btw I would be over the moon if we finished in the top 10) you play the team put in front of you,over the next 4 games I would be over the moon if we come out of them with 2points,but if by some miracle we get more that that what are people going to say then another lucky draw/win(it seems that people can't wait for newcastles bubble to burst and go plummeting down the league,you almost sound as obsessed as the mackems)

Soldato
If you can beat any of the upcoming sides then maybe I'll you seriously. As for 'there's no easy game in the Premier League' as far as I'm concerned not beating Wigan and Fulham at home should result in automatic relegation. They're awful.

So yeah, Leeds defence is definitely better than ours, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom