Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st August - 2nd September 2018]

Soldato
Anyone watch the Newcastle match?

Was it the Alamo and 2-1 flattered Newcastle or a different narrative? So jaded I didn't even bother.
Ofc Man City were the better team, but I thought Newcastle gave a good account of themselves - For me 2-1 was about the right result.

Soldato
Ofc Man City were the better team, but I thought Newcastle gave a good account of themselves - For me 2-1 was about the right result.

I know Newcastle have been accused of playing negatively, but losing 2-1 to Spurs, Chelsea and City within our first four matches doesn’t seem so bad. It’s keeping our goal difference reasonable if nothing else.

A draw on the road to Cardiff wasn’t an awful result either — I think the real test will come when have to play more games against mid-table teams; lose those and we will be in real trouble.

It’s interesting that Gayle has scored as many goals (and Mitrovic has scored more) than the whole Newcastle squad in the league so far this season (although that may be down to the teams we’ve had to play).

Caporegime
Interesting starting lineup from Arsenal for today’s game. Auba, Laca and Ozil all starting today.

Excited to see both Auba and Laca start together unless Emery changes his mind at the last minute lol.

4-2-3-1 formation with Laca through the middle. Auba off to the left, Ozil in the middle and Rambo off to the right. Xhaka and Guendouzi playing behind them, don’t know why Torreira isn’t starting...just hope Xhaka .has a good game today.

Don
Ok, so what's going on with Leno? Given Arsenal's limited funds this summer, why on earth have they spent nearly half their money on a back-up keeper?

Soldato
Ok, so what's going on with Leno? Given Arsenal's limited funds this summer, why on earth have they spent nearly half their money on a back-up keeper?
It is really strange, especially when there is a stubbornness to get the keeper playing about with it, and it's quite obvious Cech isn't comfortable.

Man of Honour
Petr 'i can play it out from the back' Cech with two dodgy passes so far, if Leno doesnt at least start cup/EL games you've got to wonder why we bothered buying him.

Caporegime
And there you have it, Cardiff score due to our inept defenders.

Took them long enough Arter with enough chances.

Xhaka again making a silly pass across the pitch :/. There was absolutely no chance he was going to make that pass...absolute ******* idiot Xhaka.

Ahhh one day we will finally keep a clean sheet :p

Back
Top Bottom