Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st March - 5th April 2017]

Soldato
No but even if you want to look at it as being so, it's not just the respective run ins that work in our favour but the fact that so many of the teams around us are facing each other. Without kicking a ball we already know that at least one of Utd & Arsenal will drop points when they play each other, same again when Utd play City, same again when Utd play Spurs and again when Arsenal play Spurs. Even ignoring Utd and City's games vs Chelsea, there will be a minimum of 4 times (up to 8 if they all end in draws) that sides competing with us for the remaining CL spots will drop points.

So certain about this now?

Given the extra games you have played , even if City dropped a point relative to you tonight - its nowhere near as easy as you suggested

We need a goal and Sturridge is still sat on the bench...our most naturally gifted striker playing bloody snake on his phone.

Sturridge has been more like Rashford than Kane this season........not sure if the rumours are true but wouldnt be that surprising if Sturridge is sold in the summer

Soldato
No doubt Sturridge will leave but unfortunately we dont have a lot on the bench and hes the best player we have with the ball at his feet. He still takes defenders out of the game and will score given the chance.

Caporegime
No doubt Sturridge will leave but unfortunately we dont have a lot on the bench and hes the best player we have with the ball at his feet. He still takes defenders out of the game and will score given the chance.
He's damaged goods. We've looked at our worst when he's been on the pitch this season. There's no doubt he's a good finisher and the best we have but he's lost that first few yards of pace, he doesn't work very hard for the team and he doesn't help our pressing from the front. Origi for the last two games is exactly what we want in a striker but he's been too inconsistent this season so we need a better striker than both imo.

Soldato
Just because he has a ball at his feet, has no relation to whether he scores

(not that long ago I seem to remember Herrera having 7 shots and 7 goals mid way through a season......post LvG Im not even sure he has scored this season, thats not digging out Herrera as he has been one of our best players.....and its not his primary role admittedly.......but even so)

Don
Easy to say in hindsight but the second we took Coutinho off for Matip I was worried. We're not a side that can defend a 1 goal lead. Hopefully this isn't a pattern to how we're going to approach the end of the season because if we're going to try and keep it tight and pinch wins then we're going to come unstuck.

So certain about this now?

Given the extra games you have played , even if City dropped a point relative to you tonight - its nowhere near as easy as you suggested
Excuse me? :confused:

Am I so certain that at least one of Utd & Arsenal will drop points when they play each other, same again when Utd play City, same again when Utd play Spurs and again when Arsenal play Spurs? That's not an opinion Frank, it's fact. The fact that these sides play each other means that one of these sides in each of these games will drop points.

Soldato
Just because he has a ball at his feet, has no relation to whether he scores

(not that long ago I seem to remember Herrera having 7 shots and 7 goals mid way through a season......post LvG Im not even sure he has scored this season, thats not digging out Herrera as he has been one of our best players.....and its not his primary role admittedly.......but even so)

No but when he has the ball at his feet...Bournemouth dont. Origi was running on fumes for the last ten..make the change..slow the game down. Do it again a few minutes later...slow the game down and get organised. Instead Klopp just rides it out and hopes for the best.

Too defensive, too early. Its on Klopp and Klavan this.

Caporegime

He's basically played DM for us this season, quite a different role. Still popped up with some crucial assists like the Ibra winner against Saints.

Soldato
Easy to say in hindsight but the second we took Coutinho off for Matip I was worried. We're not a side that can defend a 1 goal lead. Hopefully this isn't a pattern to how we're going to approach the end of the season because if we're going to try and keep it tight and pinch wins then we're going to come unstuck.

Excuse me? :confused:

Am I so certain that at least one of Utd & Arsenal will drop points when they play each other, same again when Utd play City, same again when Utd play Spurs and again when Arsenal play Spurs? That's not an opinion Frank, it's fact. The fact that these sides play each other means that one of these sides in each of these games will drop points.

are you always this obstinate or do you do it on purpose?

You blatently lost points vs majority of the top 6 tonight and you only got the same points as Utd, and as I said originally you only gained a point vs City .......when you were playing 14th in the leauge....at home

He's basically played DM for us this season, quite a different role. Still popped up with some crucial assists like the Ibra winner against Saints.

As I said he has been one of our best players this season, and he has had opportunites.....but times change

Don
are you always this obstinate or do you do it on purpose?

You blatently lost points vs majority of the top 6 tonight and you only got the same points as Utd, and as I said originally you only gained a point vs City .......when you were playing 14th in the leauge....at home
OMG Frank! I would actually get more sense out of a gold fish or even CM than you.

You quoted a post of mine where all I said was that the fact that Liverpool's rivals have to play each other works in Liverpool's advantage. Where in my post that you quoted did I say anything that relates to the absolute random nonsense you're now coming out with?

Have you imagined that I said something else?

Soldato
OMG Frank! I would actually get more sense out of a gold fish or even CM than you.

You quoted a post of mine where all I said was that the fact that Liverpool's rivals have to play each other works in Liverpool's advantage. Where in my post that you quoted did I say anything that relates to the absolute random nonsense you're now coming out with?

Have you imagined that I said something else?

i think you may be overlooking the fact that the reality that liverpool have results such as tonight in their locker, works just as much in the other teams you've mentioned advantage

Don
i think you may be overlooking the fact that the reality that liverpool have results such as tonight in their locker, works just as much in the other teams you've mentioned advantage
I didn't overlook anything. Any team can lose any game. The single point I made was that because these teams were playing each other, we already know that at least one of them would drop points in each of these games. There is no opinion there. I didn't say I think x would drop points in this game or that game, I simply pointed out that it's certain that at least one of Liverpool's rivals will drop points in 4 more games.

Soldato
I didn't overlook anything. Any team can lose any game. The single point I made was that because these teams were playing each other, we already know that at least one of them would drop points in each of these games. There is no opinion there.

you made the point that that would work to your advantage ie you were banking on winning games like tonight

Don
you made the point that that would work to your advantage ie you were banking on winning games like tonight
I did not say such a thing. The point was very clear to anybody that can speak English. We can all speculate about who might drop points in any given game but there was no speculating or opinion in what I said. I was pointing something out which was fact that regardless of what happens in any other game, in those 4 games we know that at least of those sides will drop points. The fact that one of those sides will be dropping points a guaranteed 4 times is favourable to Liverpool regardless of our results.

It's really very easy to understand:

Without kicking a ball we already know that at least one of Utd & Arsenal will drop points when they play each other, same again when Utd play City, same again when Utd play Spurs and again when Arsenal play Spurs.

Soldato
Think saw stat this morning when Klavan and lovren together and Lucas in team we scored 27 but let in 37 :/ Klavan is no better than toure. Klopp should have just used a youth prospect imo. Karius should have been brought back in by now. Mignolet was ******* about multiple times last night inviting pressure when he could have cleared. Set pieces we always seem to struggle, we should have scored ourselves from 2 of them. Regarding the run in could argue ours is most difficult as we can't beat bottom half sides we would more likely beat spurs,arsenal etc than hull or Bournemouth as it's showed all season

Man of Honour
We are such an infinitely frustrating side to watch. We're reasonably solid, but we just fluff chance after chance and mess things up.

I'm hopeful for next season if we can get more suitable/better attackers, but we've thrown away lots of great chances to close the gap on the top four. All eggs in the Europa League basket now.

Back
Top Bottom