Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 6th May 2019]

Don
Well I totally disagree with your friend. No ones meant to win the league, it’s down to performance over the season, whoever has the most points, deserves the title, simple as.

And if we finish second, it doesn't matter if it’s city or Liverpool ahead, I would be equally as miffed, but I certainly wouldn’t start blaming it on money. You can buy all the players you want, but you still have to make them a team.
It's almost as if you didn't read the post I was replying to*. Jim was asking why people wanted City to win over Liverpool - I replied to him giving the reason why I believe those people want City to win over us. Nothing you've now said would class you as a supporter that wants City to win over Liverpool so I have no ****ing idea why you replied to me.

*I do sometimes think you talk for the sake of talking rob.

Man of Honour
Was good to see Neville having a pop at Man Utd. We are a shambles from top to bottom at the moment and it's getting beyond a joke now.

How hard is it to look at the structure other clubs have in place and copy it yourself? Getting in good staff, a director of football, new scouts, etc, should sort things to an extent. Madness.

Caporegime
It's almost as if you didn't read the post I was replying to*. Jim was asking why people wanted City to win over Liverpool - I replied to him giving the reason why I believe those people want City to win over us. Nothing you've now said would class you as a supporter that wants City to win over Liverpool so I have no ****ing idea why you replied to me.

*I do sometimes think you talk for the sake of talking rob.
Mate, I’ve totally lost you. Completely different wavelengths. I think we should just leave it here and start again at a later date when we can both work out what the **** we’re talking about. It’s all too late for me.

Oh, and fully star out swearwords please, this is a family forum ;)

Don
Mate, I’ve totally lost you. Completely different wavelengths. I think we should just leave it here and start again at a later date when we can both work out what the **** we’re talking about. It’s all too late for me.

Oh, and fully star out swearwords please, this is a family forum ;)
We can agree that you're lost but I know exactly what I'm talking about, you not so much. And the 'ing' is fine but thanks for your concern.

Caporegime
It's mostly Utd supporters tbf. As for the others (and this applies to Utd too), I firmly believe it's because it's far easier to excuse the failings of their own side if City win the league than Liverpool. Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have no excuses if Liverpool win the league where as they can point to City's money if City do.

For me it is just having to listen to Liverpool fans going on about it for the next few years. We are both as bad as each other due to the successes both clubs have had in the past. It is going to be hard to stomach getting 97 points and not winning the league. Both for the players and for Klopp. He will be going into his fifth season now trophyless.

Soldato
It's a bizarre arguement to say you can only be happy or satisfied when you win the league/cup

We are creatures of the present - as long as your team competes relative to its average, you can enjoy the thrills of the journey. That is why it is not a hollow experience to support teams with no hope of winning a title or cup.

Being obsessed with history and being remembered for past achievements is exactly what has got a great number of "big" teams in trouble. They lose perspective on the reality of their current performance and obsess on the past as their KPI. It ignores the current decline but it's ok... "They're a big club"

smr

smr

Soldato
Have to give credit where its due, Leicester have been brilliant for the last few months (at home especially) , still a few suspect performances away though....and not 100% convinced by KS …….are they able to play like this because the pressure is off, just like Utd its not just the change of manager / tactics that are helping LC to better performances its levels of effort too have changed.

No under Puel we were just torrid really. It was really frustrating because we were punching below our weight, got the quality but our tactics, game plan, style of football and team selection was ridiculous. You just never knew what the team would be one week to the next, always two or three changes - even if we won the previous game!

I don't think it's to do with pressure, after all this is a team with core players in who won the premier league by 10 points so they know how to handle pressure.

With Rodgers we have the manager we wanted, someone with a clear plan, a good tactician and strategist and plays to the strengths of the team - ie. Vardy not being benched and actually being fed a supply line with Madders, Barnes, Tielemans linking up. It's also a relief that we have a manager that the fans can and have already built a rapport with, someone with charisma.

I went to the game last night, we were brilliant first half I thought, second half we started to slow and they got a foothold in the game, and that goal was unstoppable tbf.

Caporegime
Typical - swore I saw some comments in here about how past it Kompany is and then he scores a goal like that.

He is and fortunately city’s possession doesn’t leave him exposed often, when it does he’s lucky not to be sent off.

Unbelievable goal given the circumstances though, would be buzzing as a city fan

Associate
I do love the irony of all the 'all gone a bit spursey' comments. Especially from Arsenal fans. You know the team that collapsed year after year at Christmas. Bit odd a team with the least backbone knocking another team for not being able to keep up with two teams scoring 95+ points. Something Arsenal never got near. :p

Back
Top Bottom