Greta Thunberg

Soldato
who are these young people attending Greta's discourse - we're not giving time of school are we, unaccompanied minors can't attend either.

BMW uk boss on newsnight last night - he could not expound on how much they are expanding the lifespan of new EV's,
since it seems acknowledged that the carbon footprint of ev manufacture at twice that of ICE is not adequate to reduce transport emissions during lifetime.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/board/books/2021/110421/pres6.pdf < california ev presentation
Apparently if everyone in the world used their mobile phone one year more, before replacing that would be equivalent of 600K cars

Soldato
Please don't go back and edit this - hopefully my quote maintains your spelling/grammar mistakes :cry:

Apparently the cholesterol from your high meat diet is shrinking the blood vessels to your brain :cry:

If he does go back and edit it, it read:

"The lack of meat is making you thought process wonky"

You thought process wonky, ugg ugg :D

Even though cavemen nearly constantly ate only plant based diets.....
ha ha.

I missed an r you're missing the Essential Amino Acid Content in Red Meat

Soldato
Why were there two massive Palestinian flags flying when the little doom goblin was bleating on? Flags that will no doubt end up floating in the ocean, or buried in landfill after all the palaver has quietened down.

Soldato
Really Greta has not achieved anything meaningful. She is largely ignored by the groups which matter because she does not understand how the world works.

Things are starting to change now because the money is shifting away from polluting products and the countries/corporations who don't keep up will be left behind. Soon they won't get backing from banks or governments and there will be smaller and smaller profits in it.

That is what needed to happen and things should start to change quickly now. But OFC the Greta mob will try and claim credit for "forcing" change.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, because of pressure from the public after people like Greta kept publicising it. Personally find it hilarious how she triggers people.

People like David Attenborough and Prince Charles have more influence, because they know how things work and the right people to influence. The fatcats and world leaders don't give a **** about Greta and a mob of hipster kids. Using her as a mouthpiece was a mistake because it started to turn people away.

Soldato
People like David Attenborough and Prince Charles have more influence, because they know how things work and the right people to influence. The fatcats and world leaders don't give a **** about Greta and a mob of hipster kids. Using her as a mouthpiece was a mistake because it started to turn people away.

Prince Charles, don't make me laugh. Like anyone takes that sponge seriously. He might have embraced organic and say nice things but when he donates the income from the Duchy of Cornwall to say, insulate housing and lives on the average working wage I'll take notice.

Greta might not be having a big influence or maybe she is. She is a part of what helps keep climate in the news. She does trigger a lot of people though, I doubt it bothers her in the slightest. It does make me laugh that some adults, yourself included it seems, have a problem with young people voicing their opinions on the world and where its going. In a lot of ways their opinion is more valid than mine at 50 years old. I'm way past the halfway mark, they are just setting out and their lives will be affected far more than mine will be by climate change and the way we are ruining this planet for all life. Its good to see young people actually giving a **** and making noise about it.

Soldato
So consumerism is a scourge?

yep - replacing your car or phone unnecessarily bnefits that companies shareholders, but you are contributing to additional demand, and premature devaluation/recycling of them,
supposedly with right to repair law apple (for one) are giving 'authorized' folks more means to repair.

- when's the new model Greta released.

Soldato
Greta might not be having a big influence or maybe she is. She is a part of what helps keep climate in the news. She does trigger a lot of people though, I doubt it bothers her in the slightest. It does make me laugh that some adults, yourself included it seems, have a problem with young people voicing their opinions on the world and where its going. In a lot of ways their opinion is more valid than mine at 50 years old. I'm way past the halfway mark, they are just setting out and their lives will be affected far more than mine will be by climate change and the way we are ruining this planet for all life. Its good to see young people actually giving a **** and making noise about it.

She's expressing the frustration exasperation even of a generation who see world and their future going up in smoke and their inability to do anything meaningful about it. Those getting triggered don't want to hear the message because its inconvenient to them.

Soldato
Tens of thousands of people marching in Glasgow today and tomorrow suggest that people like Greta have influence and get people behind the cause.
Trouble is the politicians don’t give a damn.

Soldato
Trouble is the politicians don’t give a damn.
do you give a dam for people marching ... it's like the BLM riots, or extinction rebellion(I think the motoring publics got their number now, civil retalliation) -
the protestors construct their own echo chamber - but it seems an impotent action to me.

On the other hand - listened to part of a podcast of AiWeiweis 1000 years of joy about his internment - that's a powerful message for sanctions against the Chinese State;
haven't seen Blue Planet (don't like his style) but apparently that's deemed to deliver a powerful message.

Caporegime
Greta is getting a bit stale now, isn't she.

Even if I agree with some of the stuff she's saying, she's ceased to be novel, and all she is doing is restating the same problem over and over.

She is in danger of becoming self-parody. And like an advert we've been forced to watch 100 times, you just switch off or switch over.

Her re-stating the same problem time and again on TV is no more useful than any of us re-stating the problem on here. The skill is in finding solutions, and it's painfully obvious Greta has none. Which you wouldn't expect her to; she's a child (ish). But again, re-stating the problem, if that's all she can do, will only take her so far, before everyone gets fed up of her.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

She has made a pretty honest point that COP 26 is a fiasco. And literally blah blah blah.
Most leaders want to use it to appeal to them kids so either they vote for them or their party again as the people who "care".

Reality - the 3rd world will get wrecked if sea levels rise.
Reality - no one cares about the 3rd world.

More reality - curing climate problems means you have to cure the 3rd world problems already.
But we send them all our trash and plastic.
No one really taking us to task on that.
Really wanted to see Attenborough take a dump on the UK alone and have a proper go at how much of our trash we export to be set on fire. Or worse - dumped in the ocean.

Permabanned
Don't feed the troll

Are you saying this for yourself? :D No one feeds you, don't worry :D

"Globally renowned Swedish activist Greta Thunberg on Friday slammed the COP26 UN climate summit as "a failure" at the first of various protest marches throughout the weekend.

Thunberg labeled the summit in Glasgow to cut emissions "a two-week long celebration of business as usual and blah, blah, blah" during the Fridays for Future march."

Greta Thunberg slams COP26 as 'greenwashing' failure (msn.com)

She has made a pretty honest point that COP 26 is a fiasco. And literally blah blah blah.
Most leaders want to use it to appeal to them kids so either they vote for them or their party again as the people who "care".

Reality - the 3rd world will get wrecked if sea levels rise.
Reality - no one cares about the 3rd world.

More reality - curing climate problems means you have to cure the 3rd world problems already.
But we send them all our trash and plastic.
No one really taking us to task on that.
Really wanted to see Attenborough take a dump on the UK alone and have a proper go at how much of our trash we export to be set on fire. Or worse - dumped in the ocean.

This is absolute nonsense.

The sea level rise doesn't impact only the third world, but first world countries like the Netherlands and its low lands, and London, UK will be the first to feel the consequences.
Not to mention Venice in Italy :D

Soldato
Prince Charles, don't make me laugh. Like anyone takes that sponge seriously. He might have embraced organic and say nice things but when he donates the income from the Duchy of Cornwall to say, insulate housing and lives on the average working wage I'll take notice.

I'm the same with her. At least shes using her voice and platform to push something worthwhile. People of a certain age arent going to listen to Prince Charles lmao but they will listen to someone there own age which is exactly whats going on. The insults she gets on her are just pathetic to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom