Greta Thunberg

Soldato
She's got the attention of millions of people. At 16. Is there a single person on this forum of computer geeks who by the age of 16 had achieved anything more praise worthy than high scores on computer games ?

Soldato
Is she going to sail her boat back across the ocean or was it a one way trip?

Cringeworthy speach for sure but sad to see children being blatantly manipulated (bear in mind she suffers from a host of conditions from aspergers syndrome and ADHD amongst others). What gets my backup is when mainstream media laps it all up and doesn't question anything she is saying.

Caporegime
I don't think she's being manipulated, other than having her sense of self-importance inflated by her handlers.

She's a child tho. In the same way I dislike having children give their opinions on the so-called "news" programmes, I'm equally unmoved by what children think of, well, anything.

As a poster above said, her recent episode was nothing more really than a televised tantrum.

Ultimately she will have almost zero effect on anything, much like the schoolchildren being encouraged to ditch school and instead gather on the sides of roads to shout (and giggle) their way through a couple hours of "street protests".

Plenty of drivers will beep their horns and the children will whoop and giggle and prance about. And their teachers/parents will no doubt assure them that they are "making their voices heard" or some such.

Again, the net effect of this will be zero or close to zero. Policymakers won't lose any sleep about what Greta is saying. Their associates in big industry will be calling the shots.

Hands up who doesn't like clean water and oxygen.

Evidently quite a few people!
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here, have another :rolleyes:

Caporegime
She's got the attention of millions of people. At 16. Is there a single person on this forum of computer geeks who by the age of 16 had achieved anything more praise worthy than high scores on computer games ?
Well replicate the circumstances, any kid could.
She hasn't personally achieved anything. Weird that you think so. Yes, she is being used as a figure head, Joan of arc style. She is so utterly privileged its enabled her to be used like this.

Permabanned
OP
The whole episode sort of reminds me of those American beauty pageant things where parents make their young daughters dress up in highly inappropriate attire.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Oh come on RDM, it’s never as easy as that is it. Gotta have a few members in here pop an aneurysm because she has decided to raise awareness about climate change.

I'm guess I am just getting bored of people finding things to be outraged about. The ire being directed at an autistic teenager is just plain weird.

Back
Top Bottom