Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
OP
So picked the definitive edition of this and having a great time. Gonna just wing my own build. How big is this game and is there any end game to it?
the games pretty big. as for the endgame there is increased difficulties, making new characters/ builds, min-maxing, challenge dungeons, nemesis bosses, celestial bosses, crucible and shattered realm, secret quests and whatever challenges you wish to try/ impose on yourself. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it still play like the character is just skating over the ground when you move? I know that sounds like a weird minor quibble, but it really bothered me for some reason :cry:

Any deals on for the definitive edition? :)

Associate
Does it still play like the character is just skating over the ground when you move? I know that sounds like a weird minor quibble, but it really bothered me for some reason :cry:

Any deals on for the definitive edition? :)
Yes it does still have skating movement, the reason being I suppose is it uses the Titan Quest engine, albeit heavily modified, which doesn't really lend itself to realism. Still, the lighting effects are charming enough for me.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Sorry for the noob question but how do you know when you finished the entire game difficulty level? I thought I went right through defeated the bosses including the expansions but it doesn't give you any indication if I should stop and load the next difficulty level? Thx.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry for the noob question but how do you know when you finished the entire game difficulty level? I thought I went right through defeated the bosses including the expansions but it doesn't give you any indication if I should stop and load the next difficulty level? Thx.

so there's the main game and 2 expansion bosses if you want to do them all before moving up. its also worth doing The Hidden Path secret quest. then its back to the main menu and changing the difficulty. :)

on top of that there's any farming you might want to do to round out the character as higher difficulties reduce your resists, on elite your top row of resists are reduced by 25%, on ultimate a further 25% on the top row and the second row is also now reduced 25%. its also worth overcapping by about 35-50% too as some monster attacks can reduce your resists.

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Thanks. Was being slow i was waiting for some indicator of telling me, hey your done load a new level :D lol

Associate
Got this on the Xbox, and just starting, enjoying it and still working things out but a few hours and enjoying it more from the free play of diablo 4 I tried. Story seems good but unable to use and ranged weapons yet, not used my points correctly :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Got this on the Xbox, and just starting, enjoying it and still working things out but a few hours and enjoying it more from the free play of diablo 4 I tried. Story seems good but unable to use and ranged weapons yet, not used my points correctly :D
You can use ranged weapons from the off. To dualwield though you need certain relics or skills.

Associate
The red x usually means you dont have enough points in your Physique/Cunning/Spirit to use/equip whatever it is I think? Each time you level you can put an extra point in one on your Inventory Page i think it is.

Associate
Can't believe they made a expansion for this after all this time. Might have to pick it up and roll a new character.
What builds are good atm?

Associate
Do you have enough cunning? Usually you have enough for the starter guns but to use later ones you need to invest points. Sorry I missed mentioning that earlier.
No I thought let's go all physique I know what that is, I'll have a quick read and start to increase cunning I think. Thanks

Associate
Cant get enough of this lately. Up to Malmouth now and level 66. Levelling jas slowed a bit and only getting 2 points from 50 really is a kick in the nads . Playing an Occultists/Shaman but not got any points in Shaman. Will spec some later on for an additional pet. But already got 2 from the normal build, and an additional 2 i found from items, so p powerful right now.

Back
Top Bottom