Grom/MSX 125

Soldato
My MSX125 was my first bike and only bike so far since passing my DAS last October for my mid-life crisis :) Ok the Honda Hornet was enjoyable and like a rocket ship on my DAS compared to my MSX but I can say the MSX is great fun for 6"1 lump that I am, Don't care if I look stupid on a wee bike, brings a smile under my lid every time I go out.

My MSX :-

A few mods:-
Michelin City Grip (First mod, a must anything is better than the Vee Rubber),
Extenda Fenda,
Philips WhiteVision H4 Bulb,
Takegawa Clear Indicators Lens with 1157 Switchback LED Bulbs (Not keen on the amber DRL's can confuse other road users),
H2C Headlight Guard,
H2C Rear Rack,
H2C Rim Tape (gold colour),
H2C Engine Filler Cap,
Daytona Windscreen (though not sure about it looks so have removed it for now),
Magazi Mirrors (with LED indicators),
Grip Puppies,
Louis Mirror Vibration Absorber

Would like to get a Akrapovic exhaust next, maybe after warranty is up Takegawa 143cc BBK, It's a money pit the MSX.

very nice set of mods there mate :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
:D thanks

the bike is a sure money pit indeed!

I think all bikes are unless you're Wazza then you might just about treat it to an oil change every couple of years :p

They do look like great little bikes, if they just made one with a bit more than 125 poke I'd be tempted.

Man of Honour
Just how small are these? Can they fit into the back of something like an Audi Q3 or Nissan Qashqai for example?

I've seen a sports bike crammed into the back of a clio once the front wheel was removed so anything is possible! But yes you'd get one of these in the back of something that sized no problem, except you're not going to want it full of fuel and oil unless you can keep it upright which you may struggle with.

Associate
Yes as long as you are not too tall, I'm 6'1 and I am ok, if you are really tall you legs would get in the way of doing full lock turns.

I'm only average size of around 5'10, As the bike is quite small will this affect car drivers seeing you etc or is it not much difference?

Soldato
Are you guys commuting on one? I'm considering trying out biking and thought a second hand 125 would be good to test the waters. My commute would be 18 miles each way through the sticks.

Back
Top Bottom