3. Thank guests
  4. Remember those who couldn't make it + Toast
  5. Thank parents of bride
  6. Thank parents of groom
  7. Thank best man
  8. Thank bridesmaid + Toast
  9. Talk about the ol' ball-n-chain + Toast

Caporegime
Don't worry too much about the order, just get the main thank yous in, share a few jokes/anecdotes/stories and something nice about your bride to be.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

HELP.

What order should I go with. Currently thinking this:

1. Thank father of bride for his speech
  2. Opening
  3. Thank guests
  4. Remember those who couldn't make it + Toast
  5. Thank parents of bride
  6. Thank parents of groom
  7. Thank best man
  8. Thank bridesmaid + Toast
  9. Talk about the ol' ball-n-chain + Toast
Unless you want your marriage to last 60s, don't go with step 9 :cry:

Personally, the first thing you'll want to do is mention how lovely your new wife looks then just thank everyone and sit down.

Soldato
I kept mine really short, I don't think there is much owness on the groom's speach personally, plus no one really cares and most people rather get them over with.

I'd literally get up, thank everyone be done with it.

Best man speach is different, but your not doing that

Permabanned
Throw some mild racism, transphobia, misogyny and xenophobia in, question the bride's morals and her family's integrity and political affiliations, and then you, like my good self, won't be pestered by 95% of people wanting a best man. It's a mug's game. ;) The events of the ones that do still ask should form an interesting experience, and be well worth considering ... :)

Have you got enough ingratiation in your speech, I'm not sure if "Thank you" is uttered enough? ;)

Seriously though, have fun, and I hope the bridesmaids are up to snuff and up for some late evening action.

Soldato
Has she got any sisters? If so, spend at least half the speech complimenting them on their appearances. Other half doing an impression of the bride's father, should just about wrap things up :).

Seriously though, I don't think it matters too much - just say thanks to everyone, say some nice things about wifey, and sit down before everyone gets bored :p. Last wedding I went to the groom was actually a bit shy, so he didn't do a speech and the bride did a speech instead - everyone still had a great time!

Soldato
After 5, tell brides mother how you can only hope her daughter looks as stunning at your age. Add a creepy smile and wink for added impact :p

Soldato
I agree with others, grooms speech should just be short. Say thank you to all the important people, tell your wife how beautiful she is and let the best man worry about making a good speech. Every single person who is there is someone that loves you and/or your wife. They're all on your side. Don't worry too much about it.

Back
Top Bottom