GSync not working on some games? Certain games look horrible.

Associate
OP
try to set HZ to 90 from windows and see if game had the same problem

Have you been able to swap any parts with your brother's pc? perhaps SSD or GPU would be useful to know.

Today I tried a new CPU, plugged my PC and Monitor into a different room, with nothing other than the display port and mouse plugged in...offline...still same issue.

I feel I've tried everything except a new GPU now :|

EDIT - Trying it TF2....if I open up my monitor OSD, when I see the monitor hz change and shows a different fps than the counter, this is when I can see it stuttering. So it seems to be a monitor/gpu desync of some kind.

Same with Dota. If I use RTSS and cap it at 120fps, I can see my monitor OSD hover around 120fps and looks smooth. If I use the in game fps cap and set it to anything, I can see it bouncing between 144hz, 75hz..and everything in between...which is when I can see the stuttering, but the fps counter still says what I capped it to. Even if I disable adaptive sync on the monitor, and can see that the monitor hz isn't fluctuating, the issue is still seen.

If I set RTSS limiter to 90fps, looks super smooth with no frametime changes. If I set it to say 160fps...no frametime changes at all, but looks horrendous. Presumably because the monitor/gpu aren't syncing?

Last edited:
Associate
in the end it also does it on my brother's pc .. if I put dota at 60 fps it sucks .. but it's not a Dota thing, it does it in all games, some more or less .. I'm playing Resident Evil Village 120Fps 2k all ultra, but if I put the Cap at 60 the movement is all as it is, while at 120 it is almost perfect, so I think it's a thing of the high frequency monitors,

do you have an addactive G sync / sync setting on your monitor?
mine for example has basic and extended

Associate
OP
Yeah, my monitor has basic and extended.

Perhaps it's related to having a Freesync monitor with an Nvidia GPU. Who knows.

I don't mind playing a game at locked 60, it looks bad compared to 144fps but, it's not the same thing that I get in Dota.

If I use RTSS to cap FPS in dota at 60 or 75 or 90 etc, it looks fine, yeah not as smooth as 144hz, but fine.

Since I upgraded to a 5800x, i've not really seen any drops in Dota, however I can replicate it by using the in-game FPS cap. Anything under 144fps and it looks terrible.

Honestly there isn't anything really left for me to try, I'll update the thread if I ever find out what it is, or when I upgrade my GPU hopefully end of 2022.

Associate
Yeah, my monitor has basic and extended.

Perhaps it's related to having a Freesync monitor with an Nvidia GPU. Who knows.

I don't mind playing a game at locked 60, it looks bad compared to 144fps but, it's not the same thing that I get in Dota.

If I use RTSS to cap FPS in dota at 60 or 75 or 90 etc, it looks fine, yeah not as smooth as 144hz, but fine.

Since I upgraded to a 5800x, i've not really seen any drops in Dota, however I can replicate it by using the in-game FPS cap. Anything under 144fps and it looks terrible.

Honestly there isn't anything really left for me to try, I'll update the thread if I ever find out what it is, or when I upgrade my GPU hopefully end of 2022.
I don't think you have any problem with the pc .. after research and research I realized that 144-165-180-etc etc. i like 60Hz more fluid without a doubt .. but how do you go below the native Hz of the monitor. it is as if I went below 60 fps .. and the more you go down the more it is related

Associate
OP
I don't think you have any problem with the pc .. after research and research I realized that 144-165-180-etc etc. i like 60Hz more fluid without a doubt .. but how do you go below the native Hz of the monitor. it is as if I went below 60 fps .. and the more you go down the more it is related

I don't get it in every game. If I play say R6 Siege, 90-100fps feels so much nicer than 60fps. It's just certain games.

It's also not due to framepacing or poor frametimes, as I've checked that as well and it's not related to when it looks jittery.

Associate
I don't get it in every game. If I play say R6 Siege, 90-100fps feels so much nicer than 60fps. It's just certain games.

It's also not due to framepacing or poor frametimes, as I've checked that as well and it's not related to when it looks jittery.
yes.. i play resident evil village capped to 120 fps and was smooth.. whehn try to put 60 fps looks orrible.. but only when i move camera..

Associate
OP
yes.. i play resident evil village capped to 120 fps and was smooth.. whehn try to put 60 fps looks orrible.. but only when i move camera..

Do all of your games feel bad at 90-100fps also? BF2042 does the same. Great consistent frametime graph, but 110fps feels absolutely awful for some reason. :(

Associate
OP
To update, I've upgraded my GPU to a 4070ti....still does the exact same thing.
I've now replaced every single component in my PC, with no luck....
(to recap, anything other than 144fps locked, in basically all games, especially dota, looks trash)

Only things I can think of left are trying an AMD GPU, a GSYNC Ultimate Monitor, or an Intel CPU/Mobo.

Getting sick of pc gaming honestly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom