1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA 5 VR

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by ShiWarrior, Feb 5, 2020.

1. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

2. hyperseven

Soldato

3. IT Troll

Wise Guy

Video covers the new, much improved, mod which was released a week ago.

4. hyperseven

Soldato

Still the same mod and has an existing thread :confused:

5. IT Troll

Wise Guy

Should have posted in that thread. But it is a new video covering the new v4 release which actually makes it playable. So newsworthy IMO.

6. mustachee

Associate

I can't wait to try GTA 5 in VR. I've already reviewed all the videos on this topic :)

7. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

GTA 5 in VR is absolutely incredible!!! Such a good mod, I just had a blast in vehicles, planes, heli’s, busses, bikes, cars, boats and jet skis, and even a bulldozer which led to an epic 4 star police chase, doing all this in VR is just amazing, even on a controller (no hand tracking)

If you own PCVR headset, and GTA5, do it, it takes a couple of minutes to set up, toggle 1st person mode in game, and get behind the wheel of your favourite vehicle in GTA, and grin like a Cheshire Cat!

Hopefully one day there will a native built from the ground up VR GTA game, it would be brilliant doing drive byes in VR, one hand on a virtual wheel and the other leaning out of the window with a Mac10!

8. koooowweeee

Soldato

I posted in the GTA thread in the pc games section a few days back about playing the game again. Now I find out about this.... WOW! Mod download and game is about 45 mins off. Can't wait!

whats sort of setting should i use? same as normal? or lower?

damn Virgin midia throttling me. only getting 10mbps now. it was 17 when i started

edit again, getting giddy: no issues with the game running on the rockstar launcher rather than steam?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  9. koooowweeee

Soldato

Help a desperate man... For crying out loud... :D

5 mins on the download and I can't find the info about the rockstar version.

Guessing I'll soon find out. Not much time left before bed time. Up early with the kids and work :(

10. koooowweeee

Soldato

Gutted. Rockstar are onto me.... :D saying some crap about the files etc. I'll have to look into it more tomorrow :(

11. GBRusty

Wise Guy

Just don't play online. Stick with the single player (which is online but not online if you see what I mean :) )

12. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Hmm I should try this as I was on the verge of selling my Vive. The Vive controllers are pants and the index are a bit late and expensive so if I can play this with a controller my headset may have a reprieve!

13. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

Yes, cant play it online, its classes as modified he tells you that in the video :p

14. koooowweeee

Soldato

im not trying to. everyone knows you cant mod and go online.

once i add the files it says gta exeted unexpectedly or something about the wrong files

15. Rezident

Mobster

This sounds great, does it work with the Vive? How do you get it working?

16. lokiss

Mobster

It's simple. Just dl the zip and extract to your gta folder in your steam library, it'll just work.