GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
This is one reason why a lot more people now pirate games, as most of the content released is in such a buggy state. Cyberpunk 2077 was the nail in the coffin as a lot of people used their hard earn cash into something that was promised to be amazing turned out to be the biggest pile of turd. And still almost a year on still has issues. What GTA are trying to do is tie people over until GTA 6 as GTA 5 has been out since 2013 and the chance of us seeing anything GTA 6 wise until 2023 - 2024 and if this anything to go by I'm quite concerned.

Soldato
This is one reason why a lot more people now pirate games, as most of the content released is in such a buggy state. Cyberpunk 2077 was the nail in the coffin as a lot of people used their hard earn cash into something that was promised to be amazing turned out to be the biggest pile of turd. And still almost a year on still has issues. What GTA are trying to do is tie people over until GTA 6 as GTA 5 has been out since 2013 and the chance of us seeing anything GTA 6 wise until 2023 - 2024 and if this anything to go by I'm quite concerned.

Got a source for that? Outside of retro/emulators, It was my understanding piracy of AAA games was well on the decline due to ease of access and how integrated they are with multiplayer/online services these days.

Soldato
Got a source for that? Outside of retro/emulators, It was my understanding piracy of AAA games was well on the decline due to ease of access and how integrated they are with multiplayer/online services these days.

As Gabe Newell says, "Piracy is a service issue", and generally PC gaming services have made purchasing games very easy and convenient, so piracy has dropped.

Ironically in the TV/Movie streaming area piracy is on the rise, as there's increasing fragmentation across multiple streaming services, making it harder and more expensive to get the content you want. When Neflix was at its peak, and had most of the content in one place then video piracy dropped massively.

Soldato

This isn't the place to point anyone in the direction of cracks, with that being said you can already get the GTA Trilogy Cracked. So there is a market place for it and it's not hard to find, the question comes after the whole Cyberpunk Fiasco people are either waiting for reviews before pre-ordering or waiting for the cracked version. The only game i brought since then is Back 4 Blood and already we are seeing bad reviews about COD and BF 2042.

It's a joke that these companies charge £80 for a deluxed edition for some skins or emote. Gone are the days you could buy a game for £30 that was polished version. Most games are now rushed pieces of turd for a quick cash grab. Tell me im wong!!! Most don't listen to the community anymore and have these micro transaction for a coloured gun. The only one i can think of is the Doom Franchise with Doom Eternal that was a pretty polished game and replay ability. But that's my opinion

Soldato
Rockstar took down the open source project re3 and its derivatives, a disgrace imo. Actually had GTA3 running natively on a Pi4.

Are they still unavailable? I thought they went down, then back up, are they down again? They're not available on GitHub so I guess that's a yes.

They should have invested in that team, made the project official and put money behind enhancements that the community want, like high FPS support, remastered textures faithful to the originals, support OOTB for newer hardware, resolutions, fix the long-standing and well-known bugs etc. There's still time to do that and make it right, but I guess the sunk cost fallacy plus reputational damage probably means we'll be stuck with these 'definitive editions'. I actually think, from what I've seen and read (not played it), they look beyond fixing. It needs a clean slate imo.

With all the GTA content recently, I reinstalled the original games I have on Steam (actually on bootcamp on a 2014 MacBook with integrated Intel GPU), added some community patches/fixes and I think honestly I'm having a better time than the people playing this new version, even on my old, underpowered hardware. It locks to 30FPS at high res and it's still way better than playing it on PS2. The controls are a bit, interesting, but once you're used to it I'm having fun like the old days. I actually don't think, other than compatibility with newer hardware (not even sure if it's an issue), the old games needed a new engine in UE4. The Render ware implementation isn't perfect, but feels good and could probably be patched into a great state if they took the time.

The GTA that actually needs a new engine and remaster is GTA 4/TBoGT/TLAD. PC performance on that is very difficult to get working right, I think due to to the engine. I'd like to see that in the GTAV engine but with the original car handling and physics (as that was part of the fun of that game).

Soldato
This isn't the place to point anyone in the direction of cracks, with that being said you can already get the GTA Trilogy Cracked. So there is a market place for it and it's not hard to find, the question comes after the whole Cyberpunk Fiasco people are either waiting for reviews before pre-ordering or waiting for the cracked version.

I clearly didn’t ask how to get cracked games, what I said was where the evidence piracy of games is on the rise. Just because games be an be cracked doesn’t mean millions of people download them like they used to.

All the evidence I have seen is clearly pointing in the complete opposite direction.

All of the most highly pirated games were all released well over a decade ago and the market has grown massively since then. Call of duty black ops, modern warfare 2, sims 3 and mafia 2 are all cited as the most pirated games, all released in 2009/10. It would seem we hit peek piracy back in 2010.

Soldato

I haven't seen anything in the news but if I had to guess I'd also assume piracy of video games was on decline from the early 2000s before we had Steam and all the other platforms.

This isn't the place to point anyone in the direction of cracks, with that being said you can already get the GTA Trilogy Cracked. So there is a market place for it and it's not hard to find, the question comes after the whole Cyberpunk Fiasco people are either waiting for reviews before pre-ordering or waiting for the cracked version. The only game i brought since then is Back 4 Blood and already we are seeing bad reviews about COD and BF 2042.

How accessible pirated games are isn't a sign of it being more popular than ever. Anyone can access a torrent in this day and age.

I don't remember the last time someone went to a site to search for a crack lmao, I thought that ended 15+ years ago.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
I haven't seen anything in the news but if I had to guess I'd also assume piracy of video games was on decline from the early 2000s before we had Steam and all the other platforms.

How accessible pirated games are isn't a sign of it being more popular than ever. Anyone can access a torrent in this day and age.

I don't remember the last time someone went to a site to search for a crack lmao, I thought that ended 15+ years ago.

Had this discussion with a colleague earlier, probably more to do with the fact we are 15+ years older and able to purchase much more games. 15 year old me would probably still be looking for a crack :D

Soldato

I never said that anything about games be cracked are on the rise, I actually said due to most games being in a buggy state is the reason a lot more people pirate games. Just because you don't remember someone went onto a site and searched for a cracked game does not mean there is not a community. Before Crackwatch went down there was hundreds of people waiting for cracked games. if i remember people were still waiting for the cracked version of FH4 and RDR2. There are some developers who actually pay piracy to see how crackable it is, you also have the issue of DRM or Denuvo always online which basically makes it near impossible to crack a game, unless it's a steam version.

I think people these day have more common-sense in that like myself wait for reviews before purchasing the product, this is the first time i waited out BF2042 and seeing how trash it is. Also XBOX are offering £1 subscription to prime and get 2 months free, which does drive piracy down because you can literally play most titles see if you like it and not use your hard earn cash.

also source 24% of piracy is software

https://dataprot.net/statistics/piracy-statistics/

16. Illegally uploading or downloading copyrighted materials takes up nearly 24% of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.
(Creative Future)

Global internet piracy is growing rapidly in spite of stricter piracy laws in the US and the potential for harsh penalties. In three key regions – North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific – 23.8% of internet bandwidth is used for piracy.

The same study found that, in those three regions, 178.7 million unique internet users turned to BitTorrent for digital piracy.

17. More than 50% of torrent and streaming pirates use desktop devices.
(MUSO)

Movie piracy statistics from 2017 show that almost exactly half of the consumers were still watching pirated movies using their desktop devices.

Just a few years later, it’s easier than ever to pirate movies, videos, and music using mobile devices. Desktop computers are still the most popular tool for online torrenting, but that might not be the case for long.

Software piracy: a widespread epidemic
19. 57% of computer uses in the Asia Pacific and Central/Eastern Europe regions confess to having pirated software at least once.
(BSA: The Software Alliance)

BSA surveyed over 15,000 consumers from 33 countries and asked a rather direct question: “How often do you acquire pirated software or software that is not fully licensed?”

Their software piracy statistics results showed that 57% of correspondents confessed to pirating software, but not one of them was caught for illegal downloading.

Can we put this to bed now

Last edited:
Soldato
No offence mate but I’m not reading that wall of text I just don’t have the time to do so. Someone told you to back up your opinion that piracy for video games is higher than ever and it’s quite frankly a simple request you don’t seem capable to do.

a general piracy link isn’t the same as this discussion talking about video game piracy.

Soldato
No offence mate but I’m not reading that wall of text I just don’t have the time to do so. Someone told you to back up your opinion that piracy for video games is higher than ever and it’s quite frankly a simple request you don’t seem capable to do.

a general piracy link isn’t the same as this discussion talking about video game piracy.

show the link to my post where i stated "piracy is higher than ever". LMAO

You need to get off your high horse LOL, i quite simply stated that people will pirate games because they are trash and unfinished which is quite true. You asked for a source of how this is based on the link provides it, Your choice to read it or not.

Good Ole Keyboard warriors don't like the it but that's a fact, People will and still do and will pirate games and i would hazard a guess that the majority of people in this forum have pirated software. I guess you haven't got anything better to do that to try irate other forum members LOL.

Soldato
show the link to my post where i stated "piracy is higher than ever". LMAO

You need to get off your high horse LOL, i quite simply stated that people will pirate games because they are trash and unfinished which is quite true. You asked for a source of how this is based on the link provides it, Your choice to read it or not.

Good Ole Keyboard warriors don't like the it but that's a fact, People will and still do and will pirate games and i would hazard a guess that the majority of people in this forum have pirated software. I guess you haven't got anything better to do that to try irate other forum members LOL.

you said people pirate video games more than ever and you were challenged on it, you haven’t backed up that earlier post of yours.

I commented that I too would be surprised if that was true and since then you’ve gone out of your way to project and deflect answering the question.

Nobody is a keyboard warrior for challenging your post, it’s for you to back that earlier post up or not, but if you want to get defensive and post dribble go ahead, I’ll back away from this and take it you were giving your own take that has no substance behind it.

Have a nice day :)

Soldato
I never said that anything about games be cracked are on the rise, I actually said due to most games being in a buggy state is the reason a lot more people pirate games. Just because you don't remember someone went onto a site and searched for a cracked game does not mean there is not a community. Before Crackwatch went down there was hundreds of people waiting for cracked games. if i remember people were still waiting for the cracked version of FH4 and RDR2. There are some developers who actually pay piracy to see how crackable it is, you also have the issue of DRM or Denuvo always online which basically makes it near impossible to crack a game, unless it's a steam version.

I think people these day have more common-sense in that like myself wait for reviews before purchasing the product, this is the first time i waited out BF2042 and seeing how trash it is. Also XBOX are offering £1 subscription to prime and get 2 months free, which does drive piracy down because you can literally play most titles see if you like it and not use your hard earn cash.

also source 24% of piracy is software

https://dataprot.net/statistics/piracy-statistics/

16. Illegally uploading or downloading copyrighted materials takes up nearly 24% of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.
(Creative Future)

Global internet piracy is growing rapidly in spite of stricter piracy laws in the US and the potential for harsh penalties. In three key regions – North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific – 23.8% of internet bandwidth is used for piracy.

The same study found that, in those three regions, 178.7 million unique internet users turned to BitTorrent for digital piracy.

17. More than 50% of torrent and streaming pirates use desktop devices.
(MUSO)

Movie piracy statistics from 2017 show that almost exactly half of the consumers were still watching pirated movies using their desktop devices.

Just a few years later, it’s easier than ever to pirate movies, videos, and music using mobile devices. Desktop computers are still the most popular tool for online torrenting, but that might not be the case for long.

Software piracy: a widespread epidemic
19. 57% of computer uses in the Asia Pacific and Central/Eastern Europe regions confess to having pirated software at least once.
(BSA: The Software Alliance)

BSA surveyed over 15,000 consumers from 33 countries and asked a rather direct question: “How often do you acquire pirated software or software that is not fully licensed?”

Their software piracy statistics results showed that 57% of correspondents confessed to pirating software, but not one of them was caught for illegal downloading.

Can we put this to bed now

I have to say, no.

There is nothing in that to say that "a lot more people now pirate games"

For starters, most people want to play online. Pirating is not an option with the use of account creation/verification, updates to the latest and greatest and our favourite, skins and in-app purchases.

Take Cyberpunk, Was never cracked because it didn't have to be. No DRM when bought from GoG.

I agree that there are regions in the world that have a far higher rate of stolen software, be it illegal keys or copied software but I do not see it being AAA titles because there is literally no point when you can't get online to use it.

The monetisation of games on all platforms has basically made the base games a delivery tool for the cash cows that are online in-app purchasing.

Having a quick look at the GTA Trilogy, the opinion seemed to be that the pirated version was not worth it because of the **** show that it is.

Back
Top Bottom