GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
I bet those that bought a load of gta keys from key sites could be rich right now as since u cant buy the games on steam but i bet the key activations would still work, anyone that bought a lot of keys from sites and flogged em for high price would be rolling in it now.

Associate
Just had a chance to look at the comparison between the original and remastered . Genuinely disappointed and definitely won't be buying. Fond memories of GTA S.A and don't want to ruin that.

Associate
GTA games were my favourite back in the day but seeing the way Rock Star has treated the modding community, I will not buy any of their games. Its discusting how they treat customers and the launch of the Definitive Edition has been a joke, worse than Cyber Punk. If I bought a copy, I would be K to my credit card company to get a refund, no way I would acceoylt this crap.

Soldato
I bet those that bought a load of gta keys from key sites could be rich right now as since u cant buy the games on steam but i bet the key activations would still work, anyone that bought a lot of keys from sites and flogged em for high price would be rolling in it now.
Maybe but to get a game like Vice City working properly on a modern system requires a lot of work arounds and 3rd party patches. Personally I think people will just want to newer game so they can play without all the hassle.

Soldato
What a surprise, Rockstar ripped everyone off with a half-ass piece of ****. All the signs were there, no review copies issued, just in time for Christmas, throw it out the door and count the money. And just like clockwork, the latest annual Battlefield is a POS, what a surprise! And Vanguard is awful as well...I never would have believed it!

And people still pre-order!!!

:D

Soldato
What a surprise, Rockstar ripped everyone off with a half-ass piece of ****. All the signs were there, no review copies issued, just in time for Christmas, throw it out the door and count the money. And just like clockwork, the latest annual Battlefield is a POS, what a surprise! And Vanguard is awful as well...I never would have believed it!

And people still pre-order!!!

I was saying last night to my Mrs that people have lost what it is like to just buy a game and play it. Now you pre-order to be cool, spend a fortune on microtransactions for vanity items or pay to win. In the past they were quality assured as it was all burned onto disk, now it's just chucked online and sold. There is also a loss of innovation and invention. They just rehash the same **** over and over again and stick a number after the title.
It really is quite depressing. I mean Skyrim launched yet another version and it is £15 if you don't have the creator items or £34.99 or £42.99 There is nothing new and Mods can do 100 times better.

It was the same with the modded versions of trilogy games. Seeing how they played better and looked better just shows how little respect there is for the PC community with all the takedowns issued.

As for R* and Take2. I have no respect whatsoever anymore. None. The way they treat the player base and the way the player base does not care astounds me but does not surprise me.
Either that or I am just getting old.

Caporegime
GTA games were my favourite back in the day but seeing the way Rock Star has treated the modding community, I will not buy any of their games. Its discusting how they treat customers and the launch of the Definitive Edition has been a joke, worse than Cyber Punk. If I bought a copy, I would be K to my credit card company to get a refund, no way I would acceoylt this crap.

You cannot really be blaming rockstar for that. There are so many legal problems and greedy execs that it is impossible these days to have a modding community. Games like Counter Strike would have never happened in today's world. Desert Combat for 1942 would have been closed down as well. Enemy Territory for RTWC absolutely no chance.

Soldato
I was saying last night to my Mrs that people have lost what it is like to just buy a game and play it. Now you pre-order to be cool, spend a fortune on microtransactions for vanity items or pay to win. In the past they were quality assured as it was all burned onto disk, now it's just chucked online and sold. There is also a loss of innovation and invention. They just rehash the same **** over and over again and stick a number after the title.
It really is quite depressing. I mean Skyrim launched yet another version and it is £15 if you don't have the creator items or £34.99 or £42.99 There is nothing new and Mods can do 100 times better.

It was the same with the modded versions of trilogy games. Seeing how they played better and looked better just shows how little respect there is for the PC community with all the takedowns issued.

As for R* and Take2. I have no respect whatsoever anymore. None. The way they treat the player base and the way the player base does not care astounds me but does not surprise me.
Either that or I am just getting old.

You're right, same games over and over again, same films over and over again...SKYRIM is just incredible, they must have sold it 10 times now, and nothing they have done since launch is a patch on what modders have done.

It is so sad. I think half the fun some people have is pre-ordering and then flexing about it. You're not geting old, it's just that people have accepted bad products, bad service, and anti-consumer practices as the norm. I wouldn't trust any developer with a penny until I know 100% what I am getting, but I also realise I'm outnumbered 100-1 by morons who have already spent £90 pre-ordering another pathetic iteration of *Battlefield Yawn (*Please note, product may or may not be finished later at our discretion).

It amazes me when I go on Reddit and there's thread after thread of complaints that Diablo 2 lauch was a disaster, I mean what were they expecting? its Blizzard! the people who remastered their own game ( and mace it worse, while taking away the ability to play the old version that you owned!) - Blizz have been pulling **** for years!

I could see why people go caught out with Cyberpunk, as CDPR had a very good track record, but a Blizzard release?

I just cannot get my head round why people fall for the same tricks over and over again...then you get people simping for the very corps who just basically stole money from them...such a weird generation.

Soldato
Can’t say I’ve preordered anything which wasn’t a safe bet for a long time now. There is just no need with digital distribution, YouTube reviews who are not afraid to really dig in the knives. That said more progressive refund policies are very helpful on that front and you can get a refund fairly easily these days for poor games. Mass refunds can be taken seriously these days by both the platform and the developer, just look at cyber punk.

The last thing I preordered was a first party switch game. As much as you can gripe at Nintendo literally re-releasing the same games over and over, they all work as advertised on launch and you know exactly what you are getting.

Soldato
I’m enjoying the classic games for what they are. However I feel there was a lot of expectation that they would be the old games but with the look and feel of GTAV. Rockstar didn’t help themselves by making references to GTAV when talking about how the games had been remastered.

Back
Top Bottom