• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 380 & GTX 360 Pictured + Specs

Associate
I still will never buy an ATI card:)

You - Loyal to company.
Company - Loyal to taking your money.

nVidia (and any other faceless company) couldn't care less about you, you're a statistic and an extra few £ to them, nothing more. Why be loyal to someone who doesn't really give a damn about you? I've had AMD and Intel over the years, I've always had nVidia but my new build will have an ATi card, being loyal at the cost of your money is pointless :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Why does thevet's decision to buy nVidia seem to cause a reaction ?

Would you let anyone tell you what car to buy ? What clothes to wear, what food to eat ? thevet doesnt need anyone questioning what card he buys. It's his choice.

Man of Honour
It doesn't all begin and end at bang for bucks ya know...

Personally I get on with the nVidia drivers and control panel better and prefer the AA implemention.

Just because someone choses nVidia over ATI or the other way around doesn't mean they are loyal to that company... generally its a case of the easiest to live with of 2 evils.

Permabanned
i buy nvidia cause there better,drivers are better,things like nhancer,fantastic programs that dont work on ati cards,i have never onwed and never will put an ATI card in my rig...they SUCK BIGTIME...

Nvidia "The way its meant to be played":D

The reason i get a reaction mate is because this forum is mostly ATI users and im very outspoken,ive been playing games for over 28 years,longer than most of the "Padawans" on this forum so i will say what i want,some people on here also dont like it when you have a bit of cash to play with a a nice big powerful rig...i sense a hint of jealousy.....IN DA AIR! LoL

Over at Guru3d the forum is mostly nvidia users,if somebody posts over there about having ATI they dont get flamed for it like they do over here...

Last edited:
Soldato
GTX300_SLI_Petersen(1).jpg

Just noticed he's given it a half thumbs up, he cant be that impressed

Soldato
Why does thevet's decision to buy nVidia seem to cause a reaction ?

Would you let anyone tell you what car to buy ? What clothes to wear, what food to eat ? thevet doesnt need anyone questioning what card he buys. It's his choice.

Because he's wealthy enough to buy what he likes without giving it a second thought. That really doesn't sit well with some people. :p

Associate
glossy pictures dont make it a real card. If the chip is as large as expected and they have as much memory as well then will be very suprised if they arent a good bit larger

Soldato
Firstly there is nothing wrong being loyal to a manufacturer. The truth is if you have had excellent experiences when using NV hardware (as I have) and poor experiences when using ATI hardware (as I have) then of course I'm going to stick with NV. It'd be utterly stupid for me to buy a new ATI card if pretty much ever experience I've had of them has been negative!

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Nothing wrong with being loyal, the problem comes when you become a loyal and blind at the same time and keep trying to tell everyone else they are wrong.

Associate
Interesting comments, I am waiting to see the size of the new NV card. If its smaller I'll be buying it.

simply, it will be more expensive, but the fact I'd have to buy a new case to fit an ATI card into my rig, and the actual chew to rebuild it , would make the NV card a better option.

Back
Top Bottom