• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Associate
Mine is +350 offset on memory.

Settings I used for my benches (not currently applied) although with 106% power target that hasn't saved for some reason:
sJVS5dV.png

Associate
:eek: ^^ 100% fan speed ^^ :eek:

Do you have to keep the fan speed set to 100% all the time when it overclocked ?

Be interesting to know what speed/rpm the fan on this EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock in this link below is set to..
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-233-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402

I set it at 100% manually as I'm a first time GPU overclocker and I was being cautious.

Temps didn't go above mid 60s at that speed so it wasn't essential. Most people have developed a custom fan curve for their overclocks but as I was only doing it for benchmarking to provide some data here I haven't gone that far yet. I currently run at stock settings as I don't need the extra power at the moment.

Soldato
Bought the MSI 780 Ti from OCUK & it arrived safely today :D

What an absolute beast of a GPU Nvidia have produced here this thing is an absolute monster @ 1920x1200 with Max everything & by that I mean x 8SSAA with max IQ ingame it just destroys every game FPS wise to offer an amazing gaming experience :D

Soldato
In order to keep noise levels down to a minimum when playing BF4 when the Mrs is sleeping/working I've kept things down to a standard minimum with a quiet/next to silent fan profile.

GPU Boost is actually pretty clever in these situations. The core throttles down to about 550mhz and hits the stock 83c temp target. Whilst still maintaining my 100fps average at 1440P :D.

Not ideal for benching but for those who aren't on water it's pretty handy. Fan never went above 50% :D

Associate
Anyone have any idea of when blocks will be available? (Not the aquacooler blocks). Google isn't showing much. Wonder when EK will bring their block out! :D

Associate
On 780Ti we used a Gigabyte version, 780Ti Classified not out yet.

Classified was 780 version.

We used Precision X on both of them with Classified tool, to increase Vcore to 1.3v :)

Gibbo....I have tried Precision X with the Classified tool on an the 780 Ti and none of the tools show the voltage increase. What did you use to verify that the voltage had increased?

Cheers

Soldato
Just food for thought. Judging by the overclocking potential of my 3 Superclocked cards - I think they've been thrown off the line and put out at the 1110 boost clock on the basis that they actually-don't-clock that well.

All three of mine struggle to get to 1200Mhz on stock volts. Memory they all reach 1900Mhz. Just throwing that out there for anyone looking to buy them.

Soldato
Just food for thought. Judging by the overclocking potential of my 3 Superclocked cards - I think they've been thrown off the line and put out at the 1110 boost clock on the basis that they actually-don't-clock that well.

All three of mine struggle to get to 1200Mhz on stock volts. Memory they all reach 1900Mhz. Just throwing that out there for anyone looking to buy them.
Thanks for the update as I'm just about to buy the evga 780ti super clocked edition. Has anyone else managed any better with overclocking these?

Soldato
I've not heard many users mention them so they probably just went with reference. They're still great cards regardless but the fact all 3 of the ones I have won't reach 1200mhz makes me think they've been set aside and stamped with the slight increase on the core.

I can hit over 1230 Mhz but it's barely passable.

Soldato
Anyone using 780 Ti Sli, and especially having come from a 690? I was thinkng about upgrading from a 690 but seems to only be 37-43% faster than a 690. I expect later drivers will probably improve things but was hoping at least 50%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom