• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Soldato
Anyone know if a new 860w (or 851watt I think is the exact rating) is good enough for two 780 ti superclocks? I don't intend to overclock the cards any further.

Associate
You're quite right..... like you say, spend as much as you can rather than settle for less. Hope something comes up this week on the today only section for a new 700+ PSU.

Thanks for the advice on the overclock MjFrosty also, :)
Like I said i've not really pushed GPU's before so was hoping that the settings i'd applied wouldn't be too much for my card.

Soldato
Anyone know if a new 860w (or 851watt I think is the exact rating) is good enough for two 780 ti superclocks? I don't intend to overclock the cards any further.

Guru3D:

Power Consumption GeForce GTX 780 Ti 2-way SLI

System in IDLE = 129W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 617W
Difference (GPU load) = 488W
Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 508 Watts

GeForce GTX 780 Ti 2-way SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 800 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

With stock voltage 860W should be fine.

Associate
Hi need advice on new Nvidia GTX 780 Ti.. I need to buy a new GPU this week as I TX 780Ti Dual ClassifiedTX 780Ti Dual Classified sold TX 780Ti Dual Classifiedmy 680 Lightning. I'm stuck between the

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Dual Classified ACX
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-235-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402

OR

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780Ti WindForce 3x OC
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-129-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402

Do either of these two cards come with a backing plate to help with card rigidity + cooling.

Need help as I just can't decide between these two & I've never owned a EVGA / Gigabyte gpu before.

*Edit after spending most of tonight researching both cards I've pre ordered the EVGA Classified* :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate that mine hit a brick wall at 1200Mhz, one can't even hit that. I might try flashing one of the others cards, as one of them didn't take well to the Skyn3t BIOS. Kept getting stuck in 3D clocks.

Will be handy when they get the LLC mod working on them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my MSI 780 ti today (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-232-MS). All good so far!

Little confused on how to clock this card and what sort of overclock I can expect. Would appreciate a little advice.

Using Afterburner to overclock the card - currently on +100 core and +200 memory. What are good safe limits or targets to reach for the overclocks?

On my old cards I had to set the +Power Limit % to get the best out of the card and stop throttling, is this also true for these cards or can I expect the ti to work best if I leave the power alone?

Afterburner charts report core mhz reaches 1093 at the highest value. The base clock is 876mhz, with boost of 928mhz, so how is it hitting 1093? even on boost surely I should only be hitting 1028mhz?

Memory of +200 gives memory clock of 3703mhz. I assume that the rated 7000mhz bandwidth is the stock of 3500 * 2? Also a lot of people here saying memory is reaching 1900 or whatever, does that mean the 3700 / 2 to get that?

Thanks!

Caporegime
The boost will goto what it can safely cope with. The only downside is Nvidia don't want cards returned, so the boost is extremely conservative. I did a guide on how to overclock a Titan/780 but I am stuck at work till 2pm, but I will link it then if you would like?

Soldato
The boost will goto what it can safely cope with. The only downside is Nvidia don't want cards returned, so the boost is extremely conservative. I did a guide on how to overclock a Titan/780 but I am stuck at work till 2pm, but I will link it then if you would like?

hi Gregster can I get the link also as ive got the evga 780ti oc acx version and I want to see what it will do

Thanks

Soldato
Yes please Gregster, though at this stage I would prefer to OC without flashing the BIOS if I can. I flashed the ones on my 7950's but they had BIOS switches so was kind of happy to do that as I had rollback in case of bricking the BIOS itself.

Soldato
Alright so I set the power limit to 106%, and found I can get a stable 3D Mark run at +200 Core, +425 Memory. 3D Mark 11 benches at +250 core, +425 Memory but I guess it's not stable enough there for 3D Mark.

What do you reckon guys? is this a decent overclock or considered low compared to what you all are getting with these cards?

Associate
Alright so I set the power limit to 106%, and found I can get a stable 3D Mark run at +200 Core, +425 Memory. 3D Mark 11 benches at +250 core, +425 Memory but I guess it's not stable enough there for 3D Mark.

What do you reckon guys? is this a decent overclock or considered low compared to what you all are getting with these cards?

Yep thats good , The Ti overclocks pretty well , mines about the same as yours, the funny thing is i have always found that the reference cards always clock better than the Lightnings, Classifieds etc (On air), i don't know why this is and maybe i'm just unlucky.

Associate
Yep thats good , The Ti overclocks pretty well , mines about the same as yours, the funny thing is i have always found that the reference cards always clock better than the Lightnings, Classifieds etc (On air), i don't know why this is and maybe i'm just unlucky.

but dont they throttle down quicker as they get hotter due to poor stock cooling?

Soldato

Same, my reference 7970 clocked to 1200Mhz on the core at stock volts. My 7970 Lightnings needed 1.35v for the same clock :o

Associate
My 780ti arrives on Monday..so excited to be back in the greenclub :)

Now.. I am kind of addicted to the idea of Quad SLI. In the interim (i.e 2 months or so) I will be going dual card. The biggest restriction are my motherboard; Asus P8Z77-VLE and my PSU OCZ 750 Bronze Plus. Z77 mobos seem to be on the decline.. before they all die out what is the best value / robust mobo to have.

Is a 1500W PSU required for Quad SLI?

I'd never even have considered Quad SLI, but the scaling seems to far more impressive than CF.

Back
Top Bottom