• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 Ti Specifications Leaked – Full Blown Gk110 Core with 2880 SP

Soldato
We were just reacting to the news of Nvidia’s GTX 780 Ghz cards when a leak of what appears to be technical specifications of Nvidia’s New Flagship just appeared on multiple Chinese sites. We are super excited because believe it or not, this screen shot shows the full power of the GK110 core binge utilized.

67C6jn4.jpg

Read more: http://wccftech.com/gtx-780-ti-specifications-leaked-full-blown-gk110-core-2880-sp/#ixzz2jE925JAe

Nvidia Flagship GTX 780 Ti Specs Screenshot Leaks Online – All the power of the GK110 Core Unleashed

Soldato
OP
a lot of people when buying are thinking 2years down the line too tho
3gb when sli later isnt as groovy as 4gb

The type of user interested in buying high end GTX 780ti, aren't the type of user that will still be running the same GPU two years later :p.

GTX 780ti this year > GTX 880 next year (Maxwell) > GTX 990 (Volta) and so on..

3GB is absolutely fine for non 4K, considering most actual gamers still game at 1080P / 1440P 3GB is fine, by the time we need more, Maxwell / Volta will be out and 780 in comparison will look to slow anyway, that vram limit isn't a factor..

Soldato
OP
An extra 576 shaders over my current 780.. Would it be worth the upgrade?

How much faster would the 'ti' be if clocked at the same speeds?

I may need to hide my credit card when this thing launches :o

Soldato
OP
Holding out for a non ref GTX 780ti with 6GB+ of vram (Purely so it beats the Titan everywhere) or I'll just wait until 20nm GPU's. Pirate Islands and Maxwell are sure to blow all from this gen away, and probably available as soon as May / June next year.

Soldato
OP
^^ Looks like a monster to me, I'm waiting for 6GB Black Edition before I bite.

The only other thing that could tempt me is Gigabyte custom PCB 290X.

Think I'll sell my 780 to lessen the impact to my wallet..

Soldato
OP
Buy another GTX 780 in a couple of weeks when the price drops.

Not a fan of dual cards tbh, had dual cards in the past to run 1440P before the 780 came along. Single GPU is much nicer imho, not just after highest fps, but smoothest gameplay. It's looking like the GTX 780ti could be a power house, but still not convinced it will be worth the upgrade from a 780 though. Looking forward to some proper reviews of that, and non ref 290X's.

I keep thinking as well, if 28nm has managed this much performance, what will 20nm bring? Probably worth the wait, it'll all come down to whether I can resist a new card to play with lol.

You REALLY need to get out more..

Haha :D

Soldato
OP
Ha, mate you have no idea. I have lot's of children and a very hectic life lol. I am kept very busy. The brief time I get to relax for a few minutes here and their to myself I usually spend on PC reading / browsing the web, gadgets are the way forward for the older settled down man lol.

The Gandalf pictures were meant in jest, ironically I think it's the other more serious posters here that need to get out more :p

Soldato
OP
GeForce GTX 780 Ti is about 20% faster than 290X in Quiet Mode. In Uber Mode R9 290X is still slower than 780 Ti, but only by 13%.

http://videocardz.com/47587/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-official-gaming-performance

So 20% faster than Quiet mode, 13% faster than 'Uber' :rolleyes: mode.

That's before overclocking..

Then throw in, Physx, Shadowplay, lower power consumption, less heat / noise and for those that are interested, G-Sync. Nvidia def a strong counter to AMD's 290X + Mantle.

My will power will be tested on launch day, don't think I can resist lol. Nice new card to mess with until Maxwell...

Back
Top Bottom