• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Permabanned
HELLO!?????? THIS IS NVIDIA REMEMBER!!!! IT SHOULD BE IN THEIR TAGLINE :D ;) :p

Well to be fair Nvidia can only set a price. It is consumers who control the prices. For example imagine waking up tomorrow to find Scotlands voted to break up the Union, And out of the 1000 cards Gibbo stocked he still has 1000+ and more piling up by the end of the week? How long do you think the card would stay above £400? I reckon within 3 weeks they would be showing you the same kind of price cuts they showed for the 780. Because there is a huge markup on this silicon and Nvidia know were all idiots.

So dont be angry at Nvidia at all, Im Angry at the people who do lack the balls to play a game of chicken. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
And 450 Dollars for the EVGA Superclocked GTX 970... how comes they are allowed to sell but OC can't yet as it is officially from Amazon
$450 + 30% UK ripoff tax = £350. £350 - EVGA tax = £300. So, it doesnt sound too far off from what everyone else has been saying

*edit*
not trying to insult EVGA with this, its just what i have noticed with their card prices of the cards i've looked at

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom