• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
Depends on what card you have at the moment. Coming from the 600 series, they are great. From the 780/780Ti/290x, more of a side step/refresh.

ATM I have a 7950 as I sent back a R9 295x2 (very poor performance), on the 9XX series it is kind of disappointing how the core clock speed do not translate to real world performance.

Caporegime
ATM I have a 7950 as I sent back a R9 295x2 (very poor performance), on the 9XX series it is kind of disappointing how the core clock speed do not translate to real world performance.

Don't know which reviews you've been reading but many reviewers said both cards scaled really well with an overclock. I can definitely see a difference between my 970 at stock and overclocked to 1600mhz.

You can't compare clock speeds between different cards directly either.

Associate
Oh yes look what arrived this morning :D

IMAG0357_1.jpg

IMAG0359_1.jpg

IMAG0360_1.jpg

Got the free mouse mat as well, sorry for the bad pics. Just wanted to share :D

Associate
Looks sweet, what NZXT case is that?

The H440, love that the msi card matches the motherboard perfectly.

Who ever thought that it was a good idea to put that sticker on the fan of that MSI Gaming 970 needs a backslap.

I know right! it left sticky residue on the fan shroud had to clean it all off.

The custom cooler is amazing though so I can forgive them. :D

Soldato
Any word on 8GB cards yet? Vram is about the only reasoning for me thinking about Maxwell, could easily make a pair of 8GB 980's last until Maxwell refresh/Pascal.

Soldato
Igor from EK got back to me this morning. I don't have an ETA on my block order but it is possible that some pre-orders won't ship up until 8th October, depending on where you were in the pre-order queue.

Back
Top Bottom