• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

OcUK Staff
quick question about ref 980's

are they all the same from different brands? the price diff is just the brand/warranty etc

Yep.

We've got 500 inno3D 980's sat in customs right now, hence our low price of £425.99 inc vat, if customs release them tomorrow we get Friday. :)

Soldato
I have shown it working, & have gave the way I done it a few pages back.

Not much I can say it is in the software. could be one of those PICNIC problems? :p

if you really want ill create a thread on how I did it. its like 3 steps. remember it only works on 900 series at the moment although you can force 700 series card using inspector, cannot vouch for inspector way though.

Soldato
The GTX 780 reference card release price was around £439.99 last year, around the same value as the GTX 980, then along came the GTX 780Ti priced around £50 more i.e. £549.99 for a custom cooled version around 2-3 months later.

I wonder if Nvidia will do the same this year... h'mm.

Last edited:
Associate
What 980's would anyone recommend for SLI? Is a reference cooler better etc. Been looking around google.

Last edited:
Permabanned
How would a 970 compare to a 7850?

I'm not quite at the point where the 7850 isn't enough but i am noticing i'm having to settle for 20-30fps ish on a lot of newer games, it's not impacting what i see much yet but i fear it will soon as more new titles come out. I only game at 1080p atm but thinking of moving up to 1440p as it feels like forever since i bought a bigger monitor.

Usually i just buy the "bang per buck" mid range cards every few years as they are usually sufficient. The last higher range one i bought was a 8800GTX! The 970 seems like something that might last me for a few years without spending a fortune.

Soldato
no competitor talk please, ordered couple :)

but not holding my breath for that one.

I'll probably purchase Strix 970 in few weeks anyway, but got me excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom