Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2

Caporegime
Well it was never going to have, that wouldn't be possible.

Guardians of the galaxy was so out there and different compared to all the other MCU movies at the time

Vol 2 would never have that surprise factor.

Soldato
Watched this last night, enjoyed the first half but the second half just seemed to drag on forever.

Not as good as the first film, not by a long way

That's pretty much my thoughts on the movie.

I thought the whole Ego thing was silly. Great start to it all, but didn't enjoy the ending.

Associate
Watched this last night.

I have to echo the "started well, ended bad" comments.

The whole Ego story line was baffling. The Mrs wasn't best pleased about baby Groot being beaten on.

Drax needs to be toned down or killed off. Just no need for such a character.

Christ knows how they merge this with the Avengers universe. I can see that being a proper flop.

Caporegime
So it won't be a flop in the generally accepted sense of the word, which is for movies that don't make their budget back?

It'll be a flop because you've decided you won't like it before watching it.

Last edited:
Associate
Gamora is by far the weakest character, there's not really much they can do with her character. An assassin raised by evil who turned good...done. No more development really possible. At least Nebula you can take the revenge/redemption arc which it looks like they are heading for, probably in infinity war.

Drax is great, and I think the part where he is remembering his child and mantis displays his emotion was quite nice to show.

Was a shame we lost Yondu but I guess you can't have both him and rocket.

Caporegime
Isn't Drax a huge icon to autistic kids? In that they finally have a hero they can relate to? Might be mis-remembering this though.
I read some stories along those lines. That's one of the things I found jarring actually - it felt like his personality had shifted. In the first one the big joke was that he didn't get jokes. Now within the matter of months supposedly between the films he's over-getting jokes. It seemed odd to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom