Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2

Soldato
Gunn getting into the writing for Vol 3. already which will take place post Infinity War + Avengers 4. Quoted as saying Gamora will have a much more significant role which is good news to me as out of all the Guardians, being the 'straight guy' character she's probably the least developed (not to say she's under-developed). The pelvic sorcery may finally work.

Soldato
Went to see it last night, while the jokes were good and it was good in moments story wise it was weak. Disappointed to be honest. Still better than most blockbusters. 7/10 perhaps.

Associate
Watched last night with the better half. Thought it was very enjoyable although the humour felt sometimes a little "overdone", despite that it still had me laughing.
The wife actually had tears over Yondu's funeral scene, and I really didn't want him to die, loved his character.

Soldato
Loved it, 9/10 - although I'm totally biased as the first is easily the best of the Marvel movies for me. It's basically just a continuation of the first, with the same humour and some character development, and is all good.

One thing - I know it's going to happen, but i'd much rather Guardians stayed separate from the rest of the MCU. Ironman and the gang etc are starting to feel a little stale now while Guardians has so much scope to be an interesting sci-fi franchise all of it's own and still feels fresh.

Soldato
One thing - I know it's going to happen, but i'd much rather Guardians stayed separate from the rest of the MCU. Ironman and the gang etc are starting to feel a little stale now while Guardians has so much scope to be an interesting sci-fi franchise all of it's own and still feels fresh.

Would be silly keeping them out of Infinity War considering Thanos should be the big bad and Starlord being able to hold infinity stones.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Would be silly keeping them out of Infinity War considering Thanos should be the big bad and Starlord being able to hold infinity stones.

Pretty sure he can't hold them anymore. He could only do that because of his dad and now that his dad is gone that energy is gone with him.

Soldato

Re. Starlord
can he still hold Infinity stones now he's lost his god powers?

But I get what you're saying. I just think it will be a little odd mixing everything up - never been a fan of how comics mixed super heroes up - and that it works so well as a stand alone sci-fi it's a shame to cheapen it.

Soldato
Re. Starlord
can he still hold Infinity stones now he's lost his god powers?

But I get what you're saying. I just think it will be a little odd mixing everything up - never been a fan of how comics mixed super heroes up - and that it works so well as a stand alone sci-fi it's a shame to cheapen it.

I think he can as ego said he heard some human had held the stone and didn't die. If peter was in some way connected to the planet then wouldn't ego have felt it? He didn't have the limitations ego had eg like going back to recharge etc.

Soldato
I think he can as ego said he heard some human had held the stone and didn't die. If peter was in some way connected to the planet then wouldn't ego have felt it? He didn't have the limitations ego had eg like going back to recharge etc.

I got the impression the god part of him was what let him hold the stone and that that part of him was linked with the planet. At the end it suggests that power is gone and now he's the human bit left over. Guess we'll find out

Soldato

At the end Ego said if he killed him he'd just be like everyone else, to which Star Lord said "what's wrong with that?" So I don't think he will be having any more special powers.

Permabanned
Just watched this movie....

What a massive let down from the first movie. I'm no fan of marvel movies but I do like the occasional few... That being X men... Spiderman (except 3, and homecoming) and guardians of the galaxy.

The plot in this movie was just pure awful.... And sooooo boring. The comedy felt way too force too. What a let down.

5/10 from me

Caporegime
I saw it more of a movie developing the characters than really concerned too much with the overall plot.

Much as I like the MCU, It was quite refreshing to have a 'standalone' movie and not have it link back to the overall MCU plot for once.

Back
Top Bottom