Guide for HTPC

Cool, well if we could arrange someway of getting it to me like email i can host it for those who want it from here, i think i only have 2gb/month bandwidth on my host.

Will do that. Expect it to be on later on this evening folks :)
BTW, i've modified my home screen so that it only lists "TVSeries" and my "Movies". If any of you guys are also listing other stuff on your home screen then you will have to mod the xml file.

Excellent - that is ill i want also!

Can't wait to try it, good work photoshop!

Quick question, what's currently the best MP3/CD player on the PC?

I want one that I can use without having my TV on, and that has the best sound quality possible. Currently trying out Winamp, got it set up to autoplay CD's, and my Harmony 885 can ffwd/rwd/skip tracks on CD's, so that's a good start. Cheers.

How can I tell if my htpc is passing the sound untouched for my amp to decode?
Isn't there something like a pcm option or something?

Using sp-dif. Or is it always untouched on a sp-dif?

How can I tell if my htpc is passing the sound untouched for my amp to decode?
Isn't there something like a pcm option or something?

Using sp-dif. Or is it always untouched on a sp-dif?

I think i'm right in saying that by definition SPDIF is untouched as its just a passthrough. If you have a program altering the data, like say my xonar D2 making the data "DD live" then it will send that untouched.

Have I misunderstood your question?

Thank you oxy! You're awesome :D
Btw I used your xml file for eventghost and everything is working really well with the remote!

I have been trying this, and I downloaded the xml file you posted in the MP forums, but as soon as I load it, I get the following messgae

the plugin has changed the state of the HID for this remote - please restart your system blah blah blah

I get this message the moment I load the xml file into eventghost..

No amount of restarts will get rid of this message and volume control from within MP has stopped working.
I have disabled eventghost and the volume still doent work - have I missed something??? :confused:

Last edited:
I think i'm right in saying that by definition SPDIF is untouched as its just a passthrough. If you have a program altering the data, like say my xonar D2 making the data "DD live" then it will send that untouched.

Have I misunderstood your question?

Nope, cheers I thought spdif might of been untouched. just wanted to check.

I have been trying this, and I downloaded the xml file you posted in the MP forums, but as soon as I load it, I get the following messgae

the plugin has changed the state of the HID for this remote - please restart your system blah blah blah

I get this message the moment I load the xml file into eventghost..

No amount of restarts will get rid of this message and volume control from within MP has stopped working.
I have disabled eventghost and the volume still doent work - have I missed something??? :confused:

Still getting this..

Oxy, the xml file that you posted in MP forums
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ti...08/#post357677

Have you got a special setup? Im using the MCE remote and the receiver that comes with it and it has borked my remote controls within MP, I can navigate around MP, but no volume, skip fw or back within MP or KMplayer and a constant reboot message
Uninstalling eventghost makes no difference :confused:

Still getting this..

Oxy, the xml file that you posted in MP forums
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ti...08/#post357677

Have you got a special setup? Im using the MCE remote and the receiver that comes with it and it has borked my remote controls within MP, I can navigate around MP, but no volume, skip fw or back within MP or KMplayer and a constant reboot message
Uninstalling eventghost makes no difference :confused:

Mine was that standard MCE Microsoft one. Have you still got mce remote check in mediaportal?

Tbh I haven't fiddled with eventghost or media portal in months, i'll look at my media portal post and see what I can work out this week.

No I havent got it checked in MP
The moment I loaded that xml file, I got the message about changing the HID and to reboot. Reboot and the meassge does not go away and then I lost the ability to control volume and now the mute button as well.
The missus is out Tue night, so I will have a look then and see if I can work out what is going on..
Any help you can give will be appreciated, I was asking more if you knew instantly, rather than intending for you to have to spend time..

No I havent got it checked in MP
The moment I loaded that xml file, I got the message about changing the HID and to reboot. Reboot and the meassge does not go away and then I lost the ability to control volume and now the mute button as well.
The missus is out Tue night, so I will have a look then and see if I can work out what is going on..
Any help you can give will be appreciated, I was asking more if you knew instantly, rather than intending for you to have to spend time..

I think on that mediaportal guide me and that steeleman guy decided it was simpler to continue to use the inbuilt MCE remote support inside mediaportal.

i.e. tick the mce remote button inside mediaportal and it should work.

I'll re-install MP and the plugins I made and see if it works, you never know a MP update may have broken it or summit.

Just started using Media Portal and am very impressed so far, but i've gotta get a remote as the keyboard is now driving me crazy! I can't see any suitable remotes on OcUK but i take it the standard Windows MCE Remote works fine with MP?

Am looking around for cheapest that should work and best so far seems to be the Speedlink SL-6399 for £9 delivered although i can't find any reviews on it...

Back
Top Bottom